• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For sale section for pulps
1 1

For sale section for pulps  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a for sale sub forum created in the pulp magazine section?

• Yes, we do need a for sale sub forum created
    • no, we do not need a for sale sub forum, as we can use the existing comic marketplace forum.

39 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 10:44 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm yes, with the caveat that they can still be listed in GA,SA, and BA. Many people like to sprinkle a few in with a comics sale. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

As a reminder, this thread could be stickiied?

PULP SALE/TRADE THREAD

I think they could be listed in GSB as well.  I have also pinned this thread to the top.  It expires in 2 weeks.  If there is a majority in favor of this, I will create the sub forum after the grading contest.  There is a slight chance I could do it before but doubtful, as I am currently very busy without the contest.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:42 PM, CGC Mike said:

I think they could be listed in GSB as well.  I have also pinned this thread to the top.  It expires in 2 weeks.  If there is a majority in favor of this, I will create the sub forum after the grading contest.  There is a slight chance I could do it before but doubtful, as I am currently very busy without the contest.

Good idea. I might even try it, as I have a friend who has some old ERB pulps. Most are mid grade and cheap' A slower moving thread might be a good idea with that type of material. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/2/2024 at 11:45 AM, OtherEric said:

Agreed that a separate forum would be useful, with the same caveat that they should still be allowed in GSB as well.

I would also suggest that it should be made explicit that paperback sales could be in the pulp section as well, if it does get created.

Total agreement about the pb sales.  There's more of that going on that pulp sales lately, though I'd love more pulp sales here, too.  I don't mind pulps/pbs in the GA section as is, but they can sort of get lost in the shuffle.

Edited by Darwination

I don't really have an opinion on a separate pulp sales thread as I only buy a few and have hardly ever sold one so it's ok by me.

As far as pb's, I sell a lot of comic-book related pb's and GGA that the G/S/B boardies have testified to me, almost to a man, that they were thrilled they discovered on my sales threads because they now love them but never even knew many of them existed before. So as long as the 40-s-70's pbs can still be sold on G/S/B I'm fine with it.

• Administrator

I have a question.  Can we get by with just 1 sub forum, for all pulps and TPB's?  If not, please give examples/reasons why.  

On 4/2/2024 at 7:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have a question.  Can we get by with just 1 sub forum, for all pulps and TPB's?  If not, please give examples/reasons why.  

Mike, are you thinking a sub-forum in the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area"?  As in, alongside "mixed", "CA/MA", "GA/SA/BA", etc.?  If so, I think that could work quite well.

I always assumed it would be a subforum of the pulp forum, kind of like the original art forum.  But I'm fine in either case.

My first reaction was it’s fine the way things are, but if so many pulp collectors want it separate, it’s worth a shot! 
Douglas raised a good question above — does it go under Comics selling area or under pulps, a la OA? I think it should go in the Pulps section; Mixed is already a no man’s land that few can find!

Would a pulps sub-section also be the place for Mens adventure mags, since we’re talking hardbacks and paperbacks too? (I also assume it would be the place for Big Little Books, but I think those are deader than stamps. I remember seeing those things at shows as a teenager in the 80’s and thinking they were old guy stuff back then!)

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Mike, are you thinking a sub-forum in the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area"?  As in, alongside "mixed", "CA/MA", "GA/SA/BA", etc.?  If so, I think that could work quite well.

I always assumed it would be a subforum of the pulp forum, kind of like the original art forum.  But I'm fine in either case.

I am talking about a sub forum in this pulp magazine section.  

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 9:14 PM, Readcomix said:

Would a pulps sub-section also be the place for Mens adventure mags, since we’re talking hardbacks and paperbacks too? (I also assume it would be the place for Big Little Books, but I think those are deader than stamps. I remember seeing those things at shows as a teenager in the 80’s and thinking they were old guy stuff back then!)

I was asking if all of these items (along with pulps) could be listed in 1 sub forum, or do we need 2?

On 4/2/2024 at 9:16 PM, CGC Mike said:

I was asking if all of these items (along with pulps) could be listed in 1 sub forum, or do we need 2?

Sorry for any confusion, Mike. I’m thinking they all go together as a sales sub-forum under Pulps discussion section, as OA has one under Original Art discussion section of the boards.

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 9:20 PM, Readcomix said:

Sorry for any confusion, Mike. I’m thinking they all go together as a sales sub-forum under Pulps discussion section, as OA has one under Original Art discussion section of the boards.

That sounds great.  That is what I had in mind.  

Someone just messaged me a pretty valid concern.  Curious what others think.  If all sales of "Vintage Paper" are quarantined to the Pulp forum, that's a pretty big loss of traffic for potential new collectors to find.

Given the increasing interest in these collectibles, seems like it makes some sense to allow old books, magazines, and pulps to still be listed in the GA/SA/BA forum, much like how original art is often sold outside of that forum in the various other sales areas.  More exposure is better, IMO. 2c