• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd Amazon Issue

6 posts in this topic

Anyone ever come across this problem before? I'm totally bewildered. 

Screenshot_20240404_035141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d8950bee626a234986c2fe239a0bc26f.jpg

On 4/4/2024 at 4:02 AM, wardevil0 said:

The item was lost, destroyed, or delivered to the wrong house.  Some guy probably ordered a box of steel plates and they stacked it on top of yours.

It's only just been sent. Like literally would have just left their warehouse. So they must have mangled it going out the door.

I also had one fairly recently where my item that was supposed to have already shipped was suddenly returned by the carrier.  

I got a note like this:

Hello Matthew,

You ordered the item below, but the package is being returned to us by the carrier. We’ve issued your refund.

Refund Confirmation

They never said what happened.

Edited by Axelrod

I've had it happen several times. Once, when I ordered bottled vodka sauce from a place, and after I got the Amazon message, I called the vendor. The box was noted as damaged in transit and returned to the vendor. All Amazon said was it had been canceled.  It'd happened twice on orders that had US addresses, but items were shipped from China. both indicated the item was damaged in transit.   I suppose if someone notices a box oozing tomato sauce, it is safe to assume it is damaged and return it.

I once tried ordering an item from Amazon US to be delivered to the UK, which got 'rejected' this way.

It was much more expensive here.

Edited by Ken Aldred