• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic shops in Paris and/or Edinburgh
2 2

38 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 10:00 AM, universal soldier said:

Since I'm going to be there for other reasons (work, wine and golf) it makes sense to check out the local shops. Have you been to any shops in Paris and think I'm wasting my time? Not looking for a commentary on Paris as a destination, I've been there at least eight times so fully aware...

Album Comics in Paris is fantastic. Great shop - not far from Notre Dame. 67 Boulevard Saint-Germain ..

On 4/6/2024 at 10:17 AM, fsumavila said:

Album Comics in Paris is fantastic. Great shop - not far from Notre Dame. 67 Boulevard Saint-Germain ..

Yes, great shop.  It's mostly French graphic novels but that's okay because there are some very cool French graphic novels.  And most of them are hardcovers.  (thumbsu

https://www.albumcomics.com/en/

Keep the beer suggestions coming! lol I'll be hitting the pubs on for sure while I'm there.

On 4/7/2024 at 7:04 PM, universal soldier said:

Keep the beer suggestions coming! lol I'll be hitting the pubs on for sure while I'm there.

Bellhaven is also recommended.

Truth be told, I will be in Scotland in August and will probably drink Guinness for the majority of it.

Make sure to have an Irn-Bru. It’s an acquired taste.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:04 AM, universal soldier said:

Any thoughts on Edinburgh?

Do not let anyone convince you that going to a bagpipe concert is a good idea. It is in fact, a terrible idea. 

On 4/7/2024 at 9:06 PM, piper said:

Truth be told, I will be in Scotland in August and will probably drink Guinness for the majority of it.

That is during Festival Fringe I believe. Very good timing. 

On 4/7/2024 at 9:07 PM, wombat said:

Do not let anyone convince you that going to a bagpipe concert is a good idea. It is in fact, a terrible idea. 

Funny story, a couple years back my girlfriend got me a birthday gift that she was super proud of but when I opened it, I quickly realized that the tickets that she thought she got to the Red Hot Chili Peppers was in fact the Red Hot Chili Piperslol

https://rhcp.scot/

We went anyways, made the best of it and left at intermission. I won't make the same mistake again.

On 4/7/2024 at 7:08 PM, wombat said:

That is during Festival Fringe I believe. Very good timing. 

And the Edinburgh Military Tatoo.

I will be there for the World Pipe Band Championship in Glasgow, but expect to swing over to Edinburgh at some point.

On 4/7/2024 at 7:07 PM, wombat said:

Sacrilege!

On 4/7/2024 at 7:13 PM, universal soldier said:

Funny story, a couple years back my girlfriend got me a birthday gift that she was super proud of but when I opened it, I quickly realized that the tickets that she thought she got to the Red Hot Chili Peppers was in fact the Red Hot Chili Piperslol

https://rhcp.scot/

We went anyways, made the best of it and left at intermission. I won't make the same mistake again.

They are actually pretty good!

On 4/7/2024 at 9:14 PM, piper said:

They are actually pretty good!

It was fine, we had a good time. They are pretty good for a bunch of 50 something, pot bellied men wearing kilts. I can relate (sans kilt).

Head to Leith for some fish and chips!

I could tell you lots of cool things to do in Paris, but you can learn as much from watching YouTube Vloggers.