• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM.. Marvel Premiere 59
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2024 at 10:10 PM, scburdet said:

The enlargements are blurry. I can't tell if the BRFC has a minor defect or it's glare. I would not bet on anything over 9.4

That bottom right on the front is the page slightly folding in. I think a press might straighten that out.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:14 PM, Skytripa said:

that far?

I have a book with a shadow at 8.0, so yes it can. This is not a valuable enough book to roll the dice on IMO. The most recent graded newsstand sale I can find is a 9.6 in 2022 for $28. The current modern fee is $25 without shipping or c/p costs. Unless it's for your PC & the investment in grading is for your own enjoyment, I don't see how the numbers add up. It might be a break even proposition if it hits mid-NM. I don't see this as a 9.6 or 9.8 candidate with a noticeable shadow 2c

On 4/12/2024 at 11:27 PM, scburdet said:

I have a book with a shadow at 8.0, so yes it can. This is not a valuable enough book to roll the dice on IMO. The most recent graded newsstand sale I can find is a 9.6 in 2022 for $28. The current modern fee is $25 without shipping or c/p costs. Unless it's for your PC & the investment in grading is for your own enjoyment, I don't see how the numbers add up. It might be a break even proposition if it hits mid-NM. I don't see this as a 9.6 or 9.8 candidate with a noticeable shadow 2c

Appreciate the input. I already have a 9.6 Newsstand in Premiere 57. So the 58-60 was planning on sending for pc to complete the run. So far finding a better copy is rough. 

On 4/13/2024 at 1:45 AM, Skytripa said:

finding a better copy is rough. 

That's part of the collecting fun, no? I do think the supply of non-key issues that are listed online is often limited. My hypothesis is that there is a supply, but fewer sellers see an upside in listing books where the demand & profit potential is low. I have parked myself on automated searches for books like this, often waiting months or longer for the right copy to rise to the surface. I prefer that to the alternative where I've paid to grade something that was borderline or questionable.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:53 AM, scburdet said:

I have parked myself on automated searches for books like this, often waiting months or longer for the right copy to rise to the surface. I prefer that to the alternative where I've paid to grade something that was borderline or questionable.

Ya I have that on a few books. Snagged another copy of this one. I’ll have to post once I get it to see if it’s better candidate than this one.