• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first in-person signing, have questions
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Going to my first in-person signing down in Carlsbad this weekend for Kevin Eastman.

Have a 9.4 CGC slabbed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 from back in the 80s I plan to get signed.

Should I go ahead and open slab now and bag so I can take my time and not worry about opening in front of the CGC rep (assuming this is best since it is just a regular graded book no sig).

Current plan was 
deslab, 
put in a poly bag with area I prefer sig cut out,
put that in a slightly larger mylar bag, take out of large bag,
get signed,
couple minutes to dry,
put back in larger mylar and hand to cgc rep to get sent off for reslabbing.

Anyone else have any suggestions of stuff I am missing?

First time so would love to hear any thoughts.

If it is an unsigned blue label then I would go ahead crack it and put it in the window bag to save time. If it's already signed gold label then the witness/facilitator will need to be present or you can ask them to crack it.

You’ve covered all bases except if you have a specific pen color you want used. Guys usually have the basic black and blue sharpie but don’t always count on more than that. Some guys come with a whole bucket of pens, some bring just those two. If you aren’t fussy then it’s ok but I like certain colors bc it looks better.