• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC clean or only press?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have a TMNT #1 gold foil, it' a sig series graded at a 9.4.  The notes state that it has fingerprints on the back.  This being a sig series I can't crack and clean so that being said, does CGC clean?  I honestly can't see the finger prints and it's a glossy foil cover so even if it did, I can't imagine they would be hard to remove.  Also would fingerprints on the back of a foil book be enough to get a 9.4? That's the only thing on the grader notes.  

Yes, CCS does clean book and press books.  The book that I believe you are talking about is not all foil, especially not the back cover. It's a glossy black and those are near the very worst about picking up finger prints and smudges. As far as cleaning all that can be done is some light buffing because anything more aggressive like erasers just removes gloss and ink and that defect is as bad or worse than fingerprints and smudges.