• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Shipping kits
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, CGC is out of shipping kits.  Does anyone have any advice regarding another company that sells these kits that would be good to send silver age books in for grading?

Make your own.  Once you get a CGC order returned to you it’s basically a shipping kit you can return with some painters tape and ingenuity.  Learning how to pack comics and prepping them for shipment using what you have is a very learnable skill and part of the hobby.  

Don’t crush the comic.

The contents should not move around once sealed.

Make it stable and easy to open with painters tape.

Make sure every item in the box is clearly labeled.

Have fun!

thank you to Mike and Parzival.

This was extremely helpful. Also I just got back my first batch of graded books so Parzival your post took an a whole new meaning.

Blown away by the care that cgc took To return my grade books to me..  Now I'm on to the next phase I need to sell a few books in order to help pay for my grading fees on future books that I'm gonna be grading any ideas or comments on how to pack slab the books for shipment to someone else other than the obvious use the CGC box which I only have one of

Easiest way to send slabs is go to the post office and get medium flat rate boxes (they’re free). Those fit slabs perfectly. When you pack it, place it between cardboard & wrap it it in bubbles and then fill in dead space with packing material.