• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will There Be SS Witnesses at Monster-Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ Aug 2024
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

I'm seeing lots of CGC event posts on the SS page, one of which is Monster-Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ.   I have a few books I'd like to take to this show, but want to be sure as I've never been there before:  will CGC have witnesses on-site?  I'm assuming so, being this event draws people in large part for the autograph collection-aspect.   CGC is there collecting submissions.

Thanks Mike 

I reached out, but am still not getting a clear answer.

i just want to know what to expect in any unforeseen fees for witnessing signatures.  I got hit with almost $200 of unforeseen fees after I had Jim Lee sign 7 of my books at NYCC in Nov;  I was told, this company needed to walk the books from the Jim Lee signing to the CGC table(it was 10 feet or less away from Jim Lee’s signing area).  It was never expressed up front when I bought the signing timed tickets.  

It felt a bit like organized crime extortion when you’re spending $80 a signature, then are told “you owe another $175 for us to carry these book to CGC ten feet away.”

Sorry…when Jim signed in Oct at NYCC 2023.

I will never pay for another Jim Lee singing after dealing with that.  He’s lost my business.

• Administrator
On 4/17/2024 at 1:18 PM, K.C.3 said:

i just want to know what to expect in any unforeseen fees for witnessing signatures.  I got hit with almost $200 of unforeseen fees after I had Jim Lee sign 7 of my books at NYCC in Nov;  I was told, this company needed to walk the books from the Jim Lee signing to the CGC table(it was 10 feet or less away from Jim Lee’s signing area).  It was never expressed up front when I bought the signing timed tickets.  

Hi

I am sorry about the unforeseen fees.  Unfortunately, I cannot assist with this.  I have been told to give customers the link I provided.  I do recommend reaching out again, and ask if there will be any other unforeseen fees.

Also, there is quite a bit of time before the convention.  There may be facilitators that will attend this.  I wish I had better answers for you.

Mike

On 4/16/2024 at 7:30 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

I believe a CGC SS employee can witness the signature for you.  I recommend reaching out to the SS team directly to be sure.  Here is their e-mail address.

SignatureSeries@cgccomics.com 

Mike

well if some are not on the "events page" specifically? Is there any hope for Fan Expo Dallas in June?

Or am I misreading, no worries, but sense it is the home of the other companies, surely CGC would want to represent. So Far, it has been pretty silent, and idk, people are looking elsewhere.....

I know the card section has another event posted the week after Fan Expo Dallas on June 7th - 9th...

Idk just thought if I could get something in writing, I'd spread the word :cheers:

Thanks for listening!

ah the NJ is on the event list, and he was just inquiring about that ...

My bad, I know the guest list for Dallas may be a little lackluster lol or imo, but was hoping haha

Anyway :sorry: 

Yeah, I’m trying to find out how charging is going be handled for authorized witness facilitators for CGC SS for Monster-Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ the first weekend in Aug 2024.

I contacted Monster-Mania directly.  Here’s my message:

“I reached out to CGC, and received this response:

A CGC Authorized Facilitator works as an extension of CGC and can witness signatures and take submissions from clients for the CGC Signature Series. They will be able to assist you with getting comics signed and graded. 

As you are the point-of-contact for this event, do you know what company(ies) will be working as authorized facilitators for CGC witnessing and if they will be charging a fee to witness?”

This was the response I got back from Monster-Mania:

“I know nothing about this and they have not contacted us about this.”

Thanks too, Mike for trying.

i hope CGC understands…the general consumer needs to understand price point for these events in order to plan.  

To be hit with hidden signature witness fees at an event after traveling there and budgeting to be there, it’s really lousy.

I think too, CGC should be explicit in stating, “we will be at the event but will not have witnesses;  authorized facilitators for CGC will be present for a charge of “$x.xx” per book/signature.

That way, general Joe people like me with a life and responsibilities can make educated decisions on how to plan/what I’ll be able to afford.

On 4/17/2024 at 1:25 PM, K.C.3 said:

Thanks too, Mike for trying.

i hope CGC understands…the general consumer needs to understand price point for these events in order to plan.  

To be hit with hidden signature witness fees at an event after traveling there and budgeting to be there, it’s really lousy.

I think too, CGC should be explicit in stating, “we will be at the event but will not have witnesses;  authorized facilitators for CGC will be present for a charge of “$x.xx” per book/signature.

That way, general Joe people like me with a life and responsibilities can make educated decisions on how to plan/what I’ll be able to afford.

Facilitator's fees typically vary between the different facilitator's. So, unfortunately until the facilitator's attending are known there is not a solid way to answer it. Only way to know for sure would be to ask the facilitator's themselves. But, most do usually charge a $10-15 fee for "witnessing" per book. 

Not a problem, I am going by what I have experienced. The few I've dealt with at shows, it's typically been $15 per book, up to two sigs, and if you are getting more then two sigs witnessed on the same book, it's usually $5 for each additional sig. So, kind of give you an idea and heads up. It will vary some, but as long as you have your own CGC account to submit it on, that is around what you would be looking at usually. Glad I could help some! Main thing is that the good facilitator's will go over the costs with you before going with you to get the sig, they won't do what was done to you before where you get the sigs and then they drop the that'' be $25 each on you. So, if they don't volunteer that info up front, question them before you use them. 

Edited by Skippeydoo
adding info