• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission form should NOT indicate declared/FMV
1 1

3 posts in this topic

For security reasons the form you send in with your books should NOT list your declared/FMV or for that matter any grading fees.

If somehow your package were opened or damaged before it reaches CGC and someone *nosey happened to see the submission form with a high declared value.

I know the USPS , even registered mail has the right to open any mail piece they see *fit. 

I've had the USPS damage a package of mine (not anything valuable) and repackage it, it just rubs me wrong that there's any pricing/fees listed with the form you send

I'd say if you have an opinion about CGC policy, you should probably contact CGC directly.

Other than that, if you aren't declaring a postal insurance value on your high value items, good luck to you.

Posted (edited)

They'd call it a $20 facsimile ...even though I declared $10k. 

good luck with anything going through Memphis, not sure how the usps even gets away with this stuff, oh wait..i do.

Edited by zach1900