• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED -- Joe Sinnott's Personal Atlas Copies
8 8

249 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2024 at 3:12 PM, TheComicsPreacher said:

The "Tales of the Marines" book is just priceless. Reminds me of Bill Mauldin's take on war (I'm now reading his 1945 book "Up Front" thanks to the solid rec from @sfcityduck).

Thanks! I’m pretty sure it’s actually the last issue of Devil Dog Dugan, with a title change. Inside are four Devil Dog Dugan stories. The run was already broken up when I got my first shot at these books, or I would have kept all four. Its a tough run to build in nice shape.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:08 PM, Readcomix said:

Thread is now closed; thank you everyone! For those who would like to see my keepers from Joe Sinnott's personal copies, here they are. I kept the War run because its three consecutive high-grade, late-run issues; the Tell it to the Marines #4 because it's basically the last issue of Devil Dog Dugan; My Own romance and Quick Trigger Western for the late-career Matt Baker work, Battle Action #23 because that guy looks like the late Darren Carerra, friend and owner of the Comics Depot in Saratoga Spring, which was an awesome shop; a few classic covers and Battle Ground #1.

I don't know how much more of Joe's Atlas books I'll get a chance at; hoping for some more PCH and early post-code horror, but the intermediary is keeping the sci-fi and most pre-code war. We both doubt the Marvel books leave the family, certainly not anytime soon, though maybe some bronze eventually will be parted with. Just our guess. 2c

IMG_E8490.JPG

IMG_E8542.JPG

IMG_E8545.JPG

IMG_E8547.JPG

IMG_E8635.JPG

IMG_E8643.JPG

IMG_E9203.JPG

IMG_E9207.JPG

IMG_E9428.JPG

IMG_E9685.JPG

IMG_E9696.JPG

These are beautiful you cherry picking sob! Congrats! 

On 4/26/2024 at 2:45 PM, Readcomix said:

Thanks! I’m pretty sure it’s actually the last issue of Devil Dog Dugan, with a title change. Inside are four Devil Dog Dugan stories. The run was already broken up when I got my first shot at these books, or I would have kept all four. Its a tough run to build in nice shape.

not only tuff in nice shape, but I don't remember seeing that title in the 1980's and 1990's when I was actively searching for any type of Atlas comic...Sorry not to have bought in this thread, but I enjoyed looking...Just don't have much collector blood flowing anymore...