• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page Missing Blue Label
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, I recently purchased a copy of FF 52 and I'm wondering why it has a blue label if it says page 3 missing. Shouldn't that get a green label?

IMG_E0500.JPG

Edited by Dman40

On 4/24/2024 at 3:45 PM, crazyhips said:

I think it has to be at least a 3.5 to be eligible for qualified. 

Sounds about right -- unless the reason for the book being Qualified was it having either a married component or cleaned/replaced staples (which always results in a Green Label, regardless of the book's condition grade).  :foryou:

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 9:33 AM, zzutak said:

No -- the assigned grade category (Universal) and grade (0.5 PR) are both correct.

Qualified Grades are typically NOT awarded to copies that would be considered low grade even if the qualifying flaw was overlooked.  This copy appears to be about 2.0 GD (based on the front cover image alone), so most CGC graders would judge it to be far too beat to be eligible for Green Label certification.  :foryou:

Okay I was curious since I have a Marvel Premiere #15 Qualified 5 with the Marvel value stamp missing and thought this would be the same since this has a whole page missing. I also wondering if you ever sold it to me just took a lower grade than have the Green label. I've heard that's possible?

Edited by Dman40

On 4/25/2024 at 6:50 AM, Dman40 said:

Okay I was curious since I have a Marvel Premiere #15 Qualified 5 with the Marvel value stamp missing and thought this would be the same since this has a whole page missing.

Understandable.  The difference (from a standpoint of grade category) is that your MP-15 is 5.0 aside from the missing piece, whereas this FF-52 is only about 2.0 aside from the missing piece.  Check out the census snapshot shown below.  There are nearly 200 Green Label copies of MP-15, but only one has a grade less than 3.5 (and that's almost certainly because it had a married component).

MP15.png.65f43d428b81f276e6f00e9dc6def901.png

On 4/25/2024 at 6:50 AM, Dman40 said:

I was also wondering if you whoever sold it to me just took a lower grade than have the Green label. I've heard that's possible?

Yes, a submitter can specifically request that his/her book be awarded a Universal (rather than Qualified) Grade.  However, it's unlikely this was done with your FF-52, as it simply does not meet the minimum condition grade threshold for the Qualified category.

Edited by zzutak