• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I Submit Foreign & Oddball Cards If I Have All the Required Info on the Card?
1 1

Should CGC Grade Foreign & Oddball Cards?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should CGC Grade Foreign & Oddball Cards (If All of the Required Information About the Card is Provided)?

• Absolutely!
    • Nah, No Big Deal

This poll is closed to new votes

3 posts in this topic

I have a Chinese basketball card and a limited basketball art card that I have submitted (see card examples from the sets I submitted, both Reggie Miller), but was told different things on whether if they could be graded or not. They are currently "PENDING Ineligible Type". One rep told me all cards have to be "Officially Licensed" but another rep told me if I provided all of the required information about the card (year, card number, manufacture, card series and player) that CGC should be able to verify that info and grade the card. After all, if I want them to tell me the surface area, corners, edges and centering of a piece of cardboard that fits into a holder they should. I get if the are "fakes" or unauthorized reproductions of licensed cards, but CGC shouldn't exclude foreign or oddball / independent cards as long as they are labelled as such, right? 

Kobe.jpg

Edward Vela.jpg

Edward Vela 2.jpg

• Administrator

Thanks for contacting us. If the cards are unlicensed, CGC will not be able to add them a guarantee. Therefore these cards may be rejected from grading. If this occurs, any grading fees charged will be refunded back to your card. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. 

image.png

On 4/29/2024 at 9:17 AM, MattM CS said:

Thanks for contacting us. If the cards are unlicensed, CGC will not be able to add them a guarantee. Therefore these cards may be rejected from grading. If this occurs, any grading fees charged will be refunded back to your card. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. 

image.png

Well, not sure what "gaurantee" that there needs to be, these are not unlicensed replicas or fakes, that are oddball cards and you can label them as such. You are only grading 4 things, corners, edges, surface & centering. Those can be done with ANY card that will fit in your cases. If I got an art card signed through one of your witnessed signings, you telling me you wouldn't slab it? All you need is the info on the card, and in my case, I did all the research for you. 

Bottom line, CGC needs to expand their market to ALL cards. If you find them to be fake, THEN kick them back.