• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker v4 has landed!
2 2

39 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2024 at 6:02 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Apple requires all browsers to use the same WebKit so they all share a common source of features and bugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit#:~:text=WebKit is a browser engine,browsers on iOS and iPadOS.

This an area which is completely outside of my skill set. From what I read, I'm guessing that Nico must have included it, but why did everything work so well before the upgrade? 

On 5/5/2024 at 5:54 AM, TommyRaiko said:

On another topic, can ComicLink auctions be tracked on CAT?

Unfortunately no. They blacklisted CAT. Which is quite funny, considering that I initially created CAT to be able to follow ComicLink auctions because their website was so... well... 

On 5/5/2024 at 12:44 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Worked very well this morning. Thanks.

Good news indeed. I updated CAT just before the daily email, I'm glad it worked.

Nico,

I was trying to see how much the newly-listed New Teen Titans #23 cover (the Starfire cover by Perez) was being marked up by Nostalgic Investments from the Heritage Auction in September 2023. 

I ran a search for "Teen Titans 23 cover" and got the listing no problem at $35,000. I clicked on "Sold Items" with the same search, and nothing. I went to Heritage and found it (same search terms) selling for $15,600 (with BP). 

Regardless of the not-so-shocking mark-up results, as we see more pieces get circulated, a new feature might be to have a click-through on active listings for the sales history on an item. In the one-of-one world of OA, that sounds like something that could be feasible.

Thanks for this incredible service to the community!

On 5/5/2024 at 12:56 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Nico,

I was trying to see how much the newly-listed New Teen Titans #23 cover (the Starfire cover by Perez) was being marked up by Nostalgic Investments from the Heritage Auction in September 2023. 

I ran a search for "Teen Titans 23 cover" and got the listing no problem at $35,000. I clicked on "Sold Items" with the same search, and nothing. I went to Heritage and found it (same search terms) selling for $15,600 (with BP). 

Regardless of the not-so-shocking mark-up results, as we see more pieces get circulated, a new feature might be to have a click-through on active listings for the sales history on an item. In the one-of-one world of OA, that sounds like something that could be feasible.

If the sale was longer than 3 months ago you won't be able to find it via Sold Results on CAT anymore without a premium membership

On 5/5/2024 at 6:56 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Nico,

@JC25427N is right: you did not see this sale because it was more than 3 months old and you can't be premium yet. But the art is here: 

image.thumb.png.b1d368fed2b3345a1a6051adc62da755.png

On 5/5/2024 at 6:56 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

I developed this feature 3-4 years ago (the idea was to find similar items, not necessarily the exact same one). But I found the results quite disappointing so I never made it public. Maybe I'll give it a new try. Neural networks would probably fit well for this task, but would require a lot of resources.

If a few CAT users want to go premium and test the payment process... please PM me with your CAT username and I'll unlock the access for you :-)

Thanks! 

On 9/10/2024 at 3:48 AM, Hockeyflow33 said:

Not a complaint because I love the site! I've been having lots of already sold art show up in new search results, sometimes it's art sold months ago. Seems to only be listings on ebay

No worries, I appreciate when users share bugs and issues, so that I have a chance to fix them :50849494_winkemoji: I'll send you a PM to better understand.