• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Man-Thing 1
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I would greatly appreciate it if you could grade my man thing one.  There are some spine ticks and the top left corner looks to have an issue.  I am going to get it graded so test your skills.  I will also probably be getting it cleaned and pressed unless you think it won’t do anything.  Thanks.

IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

IMG_6506.jpeg

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6508.jpeg

IMG_6509.jpeg

IMG_6510.jpeg

IMG_6511.jpeg

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6515.jpeg

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

IMG_6518.jpeg

IMG_6519.jpeg

IMG_6520.jpeg

Posted (edited)

If that is a tear on the top of the back cover then I'm putting it at 8.0-8.5 and yes I think a C&P would help.

Edited by arDeaton

On 5/3/2024 at 11:07 PM, Tubthumper82 said:

It is not a tear or crease, just discoloration 

Oh ok then I would say 9.2 clean and press might bump it to a 9.4 if the press can fix that corner.

Very nice book. Considering the number of spine ticks & rough corners on the left side, is it worth the expense of cleaning/ pressing etc.....at an 8.5 to 9.0 OW -W (my opinion) you are looking at $160 to $230 FMV according to GoCollect.

Without seeing it in hand, anything beyond pressing should be re-considered. Nevertheless a classic Brunner cover!! I personally have a 9.4 white pages and display it amongst my favorite books.

cheers

Dan