• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Reholder/Regrade Question
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Had some questions and wanted some clarification:

1. If I just wanted my comic (such as the one pictured) in the new Signature Series holder, I would choose the Reholder service, correct? If I understand correctly, there is a very small chance for a lower grade, but most of the time it will come back the same grade.
  2. From my understanding, as of right now, this comic would not qualify for signature grading because it already has a witnessed signature. Is witnessed signature grading something that will come? 
  3. I've noticed Signature Series comics have "SIGNED BY 'artist' ON 'date'", but my comic has the artist, date, and location where it got signed (EMERALD CITY COMICON). If I reholder this comic, will the new label keep the same information, or would it lose the location part? I would hate to lose the location because I personally met Middleton at ECCC when I got it signed so it would be cool to still have that information.

Thanks for your time!

20240508_104357.jpg

20240508_104418.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @alphajames, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! I will do my best to answer your questions in the same format you asked them:

1. Yes, it is correct that you would only need to send the book in for reholder. We will review all books upon receipt to make sure the grade is still accurate, but as you mentioned, typically the grade will remain the same unless the book/slab has undergone extensive damage since we shipped it to you/the original owner.

2. Correct, signature grading is only available through JSA authentication at this time. Signature Series is not currently offering witnessed signature grading at this time.

3. Lastly, the label details should remain the exact same if you decide to send the book in for reholder. We will usually only change the description on the label if the data is *incorrect*, but since everything is correct on this one, we should not modify it.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!