• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture Parade 1
2 2

10 posts in this topic

For a early 50s book, I can see this getting a 5.0 or a suprise 5.5. Strictly speaking, I'd say the pieces out cap this at 4.0, but these standards don't seem to be applied the same way with GA books.

Posted (edited)

I was curious about this one (I mean, really, WTF) and found the best looking copy in the one that was scanned at the digital museums:

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=11684

There was a 3.5 that went at Heritage in 2022, but it's got a nice tape pull.

Now this alternate cover is a real mystery....Not as cool because lack of boy/dog hug but better with the full mushroom cloud.  I like the cloudless sky also in the primary cover :D

Don't know enough about the grading to know how to treat the chips.  I'd sell it like a 5.0 though (or better yet keep it).

Edited by Darwination

On 5/24/2024 at 5:58 PM, Darwination said:

I was curious about this one (I mean, really, WTF) and found the best looking copy in the one that was scanned at the digital museums:

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=11684

There was a 3.5 that went at Heritage in 2022, but it's got a nice tape pull.

Now this alternate cover is a real mystery....Not as cool because lack of boy/dog hug but better with the full mushroom cloud.  I like the cloudless sky also in the primary cover :D

From GCD:

This is the special Teacher's Edition (Overstreet PriceGuide says "known to exist") which was sent to teachers inviting them to request copies to have in their classroom for educational purposes; it has an extra outerwrap cover which describes the book and has a coupon on the back to be cut out & mailed in.

IMG_0442.thumb.jpeg.cb6fc47e94c2302fe2934f8a5d214108.jpeg