• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Doctor Solar #8 and #11
1 1

9 posts in this topic

After a good clean and press thoughts on grades for these 2?  I'm most worred about the back of #11 with all the markings that I hope will clean up somewhat.

Solar11a.jpg

Solar11b.jpg

Solar8a.jpg

Solar8b.jpg

On 5/16/2024 at 12:18 PM, MAR1979 said:

Nice looking Dr Solar's

9.2 or 9.4 on both

Thanks.  I hope so.  I'm upgrading my #8 and #11 is one of two remaining I needed.

On 5/16/2024 at 3:12 PM, JollyComics said:

The last copy has some rubbing areas on the spine BC - slight color loss.  More likely 8.5.

The top copy looks solid 8.5/9.0.  Maybe better.

I wound up buying the #11 (top copy).  I paid a bit of a high price for it only because it's one of 2 issues I'm missing 9 & 11.  I already have a #8 that's an 8.5 so I'm not taking that risk just to get another 8.5. lol  If I get a 9.2 I'll be super happy.  9.0 I'm ok with.  Under that I'll be dumping it at a loss.  You know...OCD.

On 5/17/2024 at 11:48 AM, EMazman said:

I wound up buying the #11 (top copy).  I paid a bit of a high price for it only because it's one of 2 issues I'm missing 9 & 11.  I already have a #8 that's an 8.5 so I'm not taking that risk just to get another 8.5. lol  If I get a 9.2 I'll be super happy.  9.0 I'm ok with.  Under that I'll be dumping it at a loss.  You know...OCD.

Let us know what grades you will get from CGC.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:18 PM, JollyComics said:

Let us know what grades you will get from CGC.

Will do.  It'll probably be around August by the time I sent it in and get it back.  Only #11.  If it comes back at 9.0+ then all I will need is issue #9 to complete the run.

On 5/20/2024 at 11:04 AM, EMazman said:

Will do.  It'll probably be around August by the time I sent it in and get it back.  Only #11.  If it comes back at 9.0+ then all I will need is issue #9 to complete the run.

Just shipped to CGC yesterday so should have it back as I figured in late July maybe August.