• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24 hours to close now 20% off ! Mostly Golden Age CGC stuff before i Send to auction (Timely's , Schomburg etc)
2 2

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys,

It has been a long time since I have sold books... I have almost exclusively moved to Original Art... so I have had these Golden Age beauties' laying around and they deserve a better home! I was going to send to auction but figured I would give my old friends at the CGC boards a shot first... so these will not be up long.. only  a few days before I email the auction house.. so do not be shy! 

The words...

First :takeit: in the thread wins .  Trumps pms or negotiations.. but they are encouraged (lets be realistic I am kind of winging it on pricing these!)  :foryou:

No HOSers or Probies, please.

Payment Prefer a check or venmo or other fee free methods... I have some people who will vouche for me like Gene @Readcomix if you are worried! 

$25 for shipping in USA 

USA shipping yes.. Canada ok but will be exact cost to ship. 

No returns on slabs unless damaged .. 

I've bought and sold from loads of people on the boards if you want a reference let me know.. or there is a kudos thread somewhere

Edited by Unstoppablejayd

Let’s start with the only none golden age book I have slated…

Marvel Spotlight 2 First Appearance of Werewolf by night! 
cgc 9.2 but restored - for trimming. $750

At least that’s what they say - long story in this book… bought it years ago from a respected boardie who didn’t think it was trimmed .. I had it a while not thinking it’s trimmed. Sold it to another boardie who was happy with the purchase until he sent to CGC and it came back purple! I took the book back.. still doesn’t look trimmed. Thought about sending it back and rolling the dice but I’m a bit lazy lol.. included extra pics so you make the call

IMG_1433.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

Next up is a tough book- 

All The Winners 1 Volume 2 … great blond phantom cover! $1700

CGC 5.5 Purple… restoration on includes married cover , cover and interior reinforced pieces added to cover.

couple things here the guy who did the restoration felt it should have been a conserved grade and wanted me to argue… but again see above .. lazy 

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Americas Best 7 CGC 3.0 Conserved $1800 sold! 

tear seals to cover and cover and interior reinforced… again if you want to undo you can.. but one of the best Schomburg covers with Hitler and his buddies! 32 on the census.. try finding one! 

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

Edited by Unstoppablejayd

Oh man - both GREAT options! I have been trying to find the right copy of this book for 11 years!!! Price is (gulp) what it is - but so hard to find a decent copy of this book. Thanks again. Glad my money is going to GOOD use :)

On 5/20/2024 at 3:00 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

And last but not least…

Marvel Mystery Comics 15 3.5 Conserved $2000

conservation includes Tear seals to interior. Spine split sealed , cover and interior reinforced and first wrap married 

whopping 51 on the census!

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

@Northwest

On 5/20/2024 at 12:00 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

And last but not least…

Marvel Mystery Comics 15 3.5 Conserved $2000

conservation includes Tear seals to interior. Spine split sealed , cover and interior reinforced and first wrap married 

whopping 51 on the census!

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

I will take her as well - per PM. Thanks for the laughs and solid deal on this one, Jay.:cheers: