• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: Slabs: Gold & Bronze- Batman, Archie, Boy comics, Hit comics, Keen Detective, Green Mask, Defenders, Son of Satan, Captain Marvel, New Gods, Red Wolf, Doctor Strange
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Normal rules apply

No HOF or Probies

US destinations only

Comic will be shipped USPS Priority.  You pay $15

No refunds since they're slabbed

1st :takeit:in the thread wins it.

Pay by Zelle or Venmo or Postal MO

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/27/2024 at 10:02 PM, gadzukes said:

This comic is worth it just for the dialogue on the cover.

The dialogue on the cover is a big part of what I dislike about the book; it's very misogynistic. I also don't like books that depict realistic domestic violence. Those are the reasons why I got rid of my copy years ago.

My mother was almost killed by an abuse boyfriend who broke her nose; the doctor told her that if he'd been 1/4 of an inch closer to her when he hit her, she would have died, so I have a strong negative reaction to scenes of domestic violence on books—unless the woman is about to be rescued or the artwork is drawn in such a way that it's more goofy than realistic, such as on Crime Suspenstories 22. (The realism without any mitigating sense of absurdity is why CS 19 bothers me but 22 doesn't.)

People can collect whatever they want to; there are just certain kinds of covers that I can do without in my own collection.