• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending (USPS Sarasota)
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Did CGC send anyone else's books back on the 23rd of May? My submission has been pending this status since 4:28pm on May 23rd in Sarasota. According to the USPS FAQs this means they received a large number of parcels and haven't worked on breaking down and scanning. Is there anything CGC can do to help?

On 5/29/2024 at 7:41 AM, Fat Izzy said:

They've only been open 2 business days since they received it. You've got to have more patience than that sheesh.

And do you realize that CGC's P.O. box is inside their facility?

@Fat Izzy

I'm talking being shipped back to me after grading. Not inbound to CGC to be graded.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 6:46 AM, Vrishnak said:

@Fat Izzy

I'm talking being shipped back to me after grading. Not inbound to CGC to be graded.

But CGC uses FedEx to ship outbound back to submitters, not USPS. The status in the title suggests inbound to CGC. 

Edit: Guess I'm not sure what you're asking or seeing the correlation between your inbound package to CGC via USPS and others receiving back their submissions.

Edited by flchris

On 5/29/2024 at 8:37 AM, flchris said:

But CGC uses FedEx to ship outbound back to submitters, not USPS. The status in the title suggests inbound to CGC. 

Edit: Guess I'm not sure what you're asking or seeing the correlation between your inbound package to CGC via USPS and others receiving back their submissions.

I use USPS to ship back to my PO Box. I don't use FX for my returns so my subject title is accurate. CGC offers both options depending on which address you're returning to. PO Box, USPS, Any others FX.

• Administrator
On 5/29/2024 at 7:16 AM, Vrishnak said:

Is there anything CGC can do to help?

Hi

I recommend starting a thread in this forum.  A customer service rep will be able to assist you with any concerns.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/23-ask-cgc/

Mike

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 7:50 AM, Vrishnak said:

I use USPS to ship back to my PO Box. I don't use FX for my returns so my subject title is accurate. CGC offers both options depending on which address you're returning to. PO Box, USPS, Any others FX.

Ah, didn't realize that was an option.

On a side note regarding USPS, sometimes I find that USPS can be bad at scanning things in even when they have received it. I once dropped off a package at the post office that didn't get scanned in until the day it was out for delivery at the destination branch. It was stuck in the label-printed/waiting-to-be-dropped-off-at-the-post-office status for over a week.  (still frustrating nonetheless)

Edited by flchris

As has been noted on this board, if your package was shipped USPS Registered Mail it may be in the transportation process but the status is not being updated by USPS. That has occurred with every CGC shipment I have had sent by RM, only receiving notification of delivery once it has reached my local USPS distribution center. After notification, it may take seven days before I receive the package; the box/es always secure and undamaged.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:54 AM, flchris said:

Ah, didn't realize that was an option.

On a side note regarding USPS, sometimes I find that USPS can be bad at scanning things in even when they have received it. I once dropped off a package at the post office that didn't get scanned in until the day it was out for delivery at the destination branch. It was stuck in the label-printed/waiting-to-be-dropped-off-at-the-post-office status for over a week.  (still frustrating nonetheless)

Guess someone wanted to surprise you.:banana:

On 5/29/2024 at 10:26 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

As has been noted on this board, if your package was shipped USPS Registered Mail it may be in the transportation process but the status is not being updated by USPS. That has occurred with every CGC shipment I have had sent by RM, only receiving notification of delivery once it has reached my local USPS distribution center. After notification, it may take seven days before I receive the package; the box/es always secure and undamaged.

This isn't my first submission with CGC. Just the first that's sat at this status with no update for this many days. I'm sure it'll show up eventually. Was just curious if anyone else had books sent back on the 23rd via USPS and if they were showing the same status.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:00 PM, Vrishnak said:

This isn't my first submission with CGC. Just the first that's sat at this status with no update for this many days. I'm sure it'll show up eventually. Was just curious if anyone else had books sent back on the 23rd via USPS and if they were showing the same status.

Interesting, if I understand you correctly, that you have previously received USPS shipping status updates for RM. In my case, although I always submit status update requests to USPS on all shipments to me, as concerns CGC shipments the first update arrives when the box/es reach the distribution center and the second via USPS Informed Delivery that simply notes the tracking number and "package is arriving".

Still, despite more or less regular updates from FedEx when CGC ships my box via it, I far prefer USPS despite a much higher cost to ship because, unfortunately, in my area FedEx is horrendous (e.g., leaving boxes with neighbors despite someone always, always, being home; leaving boxes at houses several blocks away-has occurred three times; launching boxes onto the porch with few steps to climb; leaving boxes on the front path, by the front gate-both on the inside of it or on the steps leading to it, etc, etc.). As for delivering boxes several blocks away, our regular USPS mail carrier, when on duty, has twice taken the time to bring the boxes to me; she is, simply, a very hard working dedicated mail carrier who always goes above and beyond. When she was not on duty, I was very fortunate to be able to track the box down in two days-it was delivered to a house three blocks north of mine with a wholly different numeric address.

On 5/30/2024 at 6:41 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Interesting, if I understand you correctly, that you have previously received USPS shipping status updates for RM. In my case, although I always submit status update requests to USPS on all shipments to me, as concerns CGC shipments the first update arrives when the box/es reach the distribution center and the second via USPS Informed Delivery that simply notes the tracking number and "package is arriving".

Still, despite more or less regular updates from FedEx when CGC ships my box via it, I far prefer USPS despite a much higher cost to ship because, unfortunately, in my area FedEx is horrendous (e.g., leaving boxes with neighbors despite someone always, always, being home; leaving boxes at houses several blocks away-has occurred three times; launching boxes onto the porch with few steps to climb; leaving boxes on the front path, by the front gate-both on the inside of it or on the steps leading to it, etc, etc.). As for delivering boxes several blocks away, our regular USPS mail carrier, when on duty, has twice taken the time to bring the boxes to me; she is, simply, a very hard working dedicated mail carrier who always goes above and beyond. When she was not on duty, I was very fortunate to be able to track the box down in two days-it was delivered to a house three blocks north of mine with a wholly different numeric address.

I stopped using the other guys because they only shipped back to me via FX. I live in a rural area. FX would just drop off the box wherever it was convenient, with as few steps as possible for them. I switched to USPS and a PO Box. Yea it forces me to visit my post office more, but it's much more secure imo this way then having FX just randomly leave my box on my property