• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) CGC SLABS for SALE at discounts.
7 7

87 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2024 at 4:53 PM, jimjum12 said:

Of all the books I own, I will miss this the most. It's an unusual example that has a good color strike, no misalignment, and a full 12 circle and CCA stamp. MANY times I've toyed with popping it. That Ditko and Kirby is sublime :cloud9: Marvel made the move from Harryhausen to COSMIC. 

GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

One of the coolest FF covers and a big key to boot thanks to Kirby “borrowing” character designs from Rod Serling’s Twilight Zone on some guy that likes to watch (AKA a voyeur). Fringe would return the favor decades later with those that like to Observe (AKA a peeping Tom). I always thought it would have been better if he wanted the FF on the menu instead of the kinky watching thing. Oh well, not happening in 1963 I guess…:nyah:

IMG_1239.jpeg.4643bc45ff3e0fa3eb5b9e084b30a90b.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg.169fb66383f19c4f872ffa090d8a9eee.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg.b52a6d00959e939e3ed1fffd5765fc66.jpeg

IMG_1242.thumb.jpeg.40b45aced50db0bad0769bb15120ba42.jpeg

Edited by N e r V

On 5/30/2024 at 6:53 PM, jimjum12 said:

Of all the books I own, I will miss this the most. It's an unusual example that has a good color strike, no misalignment, and a full 12 circle and CCA stamp. MANY times I've toyed with popping it. That Ditko and Kirby is sublime :cloud9: In this issue Marvel made the jump from Harryhausen to COSMIC. 

GOD BLESS ...

100_3503.JPG

I’ve got a slabbed 4.0 and a 7.0 and a raw copy and STILL really wanted to pull the trigger on this book.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 9:19 PM, SeniorSurfer said:

I remember you subtly implying this over the course of some sales as you would try to put the price out of reach and (probably) breathe a sigh of relief when it made it through the month.  Also on another note, I agree with @gunsmokin:  Who are those questioning queefs? I've got someone that wants to meet them...

John Wick about to get busy.gif

Immediately adding “questioning queefs” to my lexicon, thank you.  The soundscape evoked by it is priceless

Edited by Corvonie

On 5/30/2024 at 5:19 PM, N e r V said:

One of the coolest FF covers and a big key to boot thanks to Kirby “borrowing” character designs from Rod Serling’s Twilight Zone on some guy that likes to watch (AKA a voyeur). Fringe would return the favor decades later with those that like to Observe (AKA a peeping Tom). I always thought it would have been better if he wanted the FF on the menu instead of the kinky watching thing. Oh well, not happening in 1963 I guess…:nyah:

IMG_1239.jpeg.4643bc45ff3e0fa3eb5b9e084b30a90b.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg.169fb66383f19c4f872ffa090d8a9eee.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg.b52a6d00959e939e3ed1fffd5765fc66.jpeg

IMG_1242.thumb.jpeg.40b45aced50db0bad0769bb15120ba42.jpeg

This just made me notice even more Watcher oblong bald head similarities...here's the avatar of our auspicious buyer of this FF13...Corvinicus himself...'twas meant to be.

Corvonie

On 5/31/2024 at 2:35 PM, jimjum12 said:

For those who may have thought that I'm pimping my way, three ways to Sunday, I lost 800 dollars on that one, it was never meant for resale. 

This is for the crowd.... Having a stroke and getting on a fixed income is NOT like winning the lottery. Not going to work anymore gets old, QUICK. If you want to avoid this, stay active, watch your salt, and minimize cholesterol for starters. I kept up with 30 year olds at work, was maybe 10 lbs. more than HS Football days, and had quit smoking and drinking for years. I was loading and unloading 20+ trucks per shift one day, and nearly paralyzed the next. On a Friday night I could pick up a quarter with a forklift, and on Saturday night I couldn't pick up a quarter between my thumb and finger. Take the warnings seriously .. it's truly night and day. GOD BLESS ...

MEME CONFLICT OF INTEREST.jpg

JimJum, if you were going out partying like no tomorrow it would be none of our business.  (I might scratch my head a little and wonder why you would do it considering your health, but still none of our business)  Because you are selling books online and reading trades and graphic novels is awesome.  If you see a book that you know you could buy and flip for a little extra cash, that is awesome.  Like so many have said, comics are in your blood and I am sorry that you had to explain yourself to others.

Peace

On 5/31/2024 at 7:49 PM, toro said:

JimJum, if you were going out partying like no tomorrow it would be none of our business.  (I might scratch my head a little and wonder why you would do it considering your health, but still none of our business)  Because you are selling books online and reading trades and graphic novels is awesome.  If you see a book that you know you could buy and flip for a little extra cash, that is awesome.  Like so many have said, comics are in your blood and I am sorry that you had to explain yourself to others.

Peace

I've had a few concerns, not horrible, but decided to nip the bud was best, and if folks want to assess, it would be better with all the facts, thus my post. You know, where there's smoke, there may be fire. GOD BLESS ...

On 5/30/2024 at 6:53 PM, jimjum12 said:

Of all the books I own, I will miss this the most. It's an unusual example that has a good color strike, no misalignment, and a full 12 circle and CCA stamp. MANY times I've toyed with popping it. That Ditko and Kirby is sublime :cloud9: In this issue Marvel made the jump from Harryhausen to COSMIC. 

GOD BLESS ...

100_3503.JPG

you're only TRULY cool if you have at some point acquired a ff 13 from jimbo.    just pretend cool otherwise.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:30 AM, jimjum12 said:

Look, a friend just reached out and informed me that there are a few who are wondering why I'm still posting plus buying and selling a little, after I had the stroke and all the donations. Fair question.

I always considered you people to be friends, so I'll spell things out. I'm still unable to work, trouble standing and walking, but doable, with difficulty, for periods. I'm out of work still, and don't seem to be improving any longer. Getting disability is still not guaranteed. They won't even begin the application process until July. In the meantime, I'm getting early Social Security, which is about $1400 a month, and not quite enough to make ends meet, so I decided to sell books part time, which is about all I can do, to help make ends meet. Trust me, I'm not living large.

I don't have much of a life left, and to be honest, I do continue to buy the occasional PB or HC, and they aren't that expensive if I sell off something else. I just sit here most of the time and looked forward to the little bit of interaction on the boards to keep the walls from closing in. The two larger purchases from October are on layaway and intended for others in their final disposition. I suppose I can do a lot less posting, if that bothers some of you. . Thanks again, for bringing it to my attention. I appreciate it. It's always best to know. I had no idea there were members who felt that way about me, but I'm a grown up and realize I won't always be everyone's cup of tea. I'll always value your friendship.:foryou: Sorry again, for any confusion I may have caused. I would give almost anything to be able to work again. GOD BLESS ...

MEME PARKBENCH.jpg

Nice Picture ! Keep Grinding ! Thanks for being you !

Posted (edited)

Jimbo is the man! In 2019, I bought one of my first "big books" from him...it was one of my biggest spends ever. It wasn't a monster, but over a grand. I wasn't as monied up back then, and he agreed to time payments...not knowing me from Adam. I paid over the course of a couple of months and he shipped directly after my last payment. We talked Sgt. Fury off and on in the PM conversation, lol. In my book, he's one of the kindest and trustworthy people you'll ever know. Down with the haters! Thanks for being awesome, Jim!

P.S. If you have any high grade Fury's to part with, let me know! 

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo
Grammar