• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody collect these old Previews Catalogs?

4 posts in this topic

I am doing some thinning of my comics and ran across some of these Previews Catalogs, they take up a lot of space and want to get rid of them. I checked ebay and some were selling. Is their a market for these? Can CGC even grade these? They are about 3/4 in thick. Here are a few photos. Not the best photos I apologize.

previews200209.jpg

previews200210.jpg

previews200211.jpg

previews200212.jpg

previews200301.jpg

previews200302.jpg

previews200303.jpg

previews200304.jpg

previews200305.jpg

previews200306.jpg

previews200307.jpg

CGC can't grade Previews from this era, they're just too thick.  I don't think anyone really collects "Previews," per se, but if someone were a big fan of a particular property, they may want the Previews cover feature for completion's sake.  The Hellboy cover, for example, is probably the most marketable of these.

On 5/31/2024 at 12:21 PM, wardevil0 said:

CGC can't grade Previews from this era, they're just too thick.  I don't think anyone really collects "Previews," per se, but if someone were a big fan of a particular property, they may want the Previews cover feature for completion's sake.  The Hellboy cover, for example, is probably the most marketable of these.

I've picked up a few Previews for my collection. I have the one where the Milestone comics line was initially solicited, as it included a poster and a story about it. (It was also the issue where they launched Simpsons comics, so that issue costs a bit.) In some cases, Previews contains comic stories that are more than just an excerpt from the solicited book. (The Image series Lazarus had a short into story in Previews, making Previews the first appearance of the main character.)

But most issues aren't going to be particularly collectible.

I never collected many of the previews outside of a couple with interesting inserts (Defiant #0) but I did have a pretty sizable stack of Mile High Futures prior to a storage unit flood. These have proven pretty difficult to replace despite being almost worthless.

image.png.b7a1801ba3e064bcb1930be15949345c.png