• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple cards with clear errors not marked as such
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have multiple cards that I've sent in through a middleman that have returned to me without the error label (about 10 should have in my opinion been marked as an error card). I'm wondering what the best way to take action is in this case? Should I add pictures to this specific topic to see if anyone can send them through or is any more direct contact possible to see how to proceed? I still would like to have these cards marked as errors but it would be a bummer to just send them in again and have to pay the full price for sending all these cards in again as well. I'll add one example of a card that should've been marked as an error (charizard due to a part of the card missing texture at the neck of the charizard and grass energy due to a clear printer hickey at the bottom) ; 

IMG20240603211145.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Roblub, thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback. We understand that not receiving an expected error designation can be disappointing. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. Errors are reviewed and designated based on our grader's expertise and discretion. It is possible that in some cases, an error could be too minor to warrant an error designation. Our graders reviewed these cards for any eligible error designations and they unfortunately were not able to attribute them as such. Specifics of how CGC Cards graders identify and come to these determinations are considered part of our proprietary grading processes. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Alright I do see that there are errors that might be too minor to warrant an error designation, but in this specific case, is there a way to let a grader check it to see if this specific instance is correct or if a mistake might've been made? I feel like these two cards have quite relevant and visible errors to warrant an error label, as do more cards I have sent in actually. Would it be possible that if I send these again, these might get the error label?

Also, is there a way for me to check beforehand to see if a certain card would get an error designation in stead of having to pay the grading fee and waiting for the card for a while just to get it back as a non-error?

• Administrator

Hello @Roblub, you are welcome to send the two cards back in for review, however, you will need to pay the grading fee once again to have them re-reviewed. As all error cards need to be reviewed in -hand by our grading team, unfortunately, we cannot confirm errors via photos. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!