• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Sabrina #1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Many, many years ago, one of my sisters comics got shoved into a box with my books.  I figure it's time to return it, and thought I might have it graded first. Does the damage and writing automatically make it a 1.5, even after a clean and press?

I'm new at this and have yet to have a book professionally graded.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

3.0/3.5 is the right range for a piece out that size. There have been recent sales for <$50 for copies of this that look to be in better condition, so grading will be a money losing proposition. The only justification to submit this would have to be preservation for sentimental reasons.

Yeah this one is purely about giving a funny gift to my sister, I have no illusion that the book is worth the money.  

Can I trust CGC to do a decent clean and press?  I just want to make it look a little more presentable.

CCS is probably fine for this. I think they're mostly lacking in going the extra mile cleaning/pressing. I believe they do a quick surface clean & smash and go on to grading