• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen this before?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Got this off eBay from a seller with perfect feedback. The book is super wiggly inside though, almost cockeyed when I received it. Didn’t notice any signs of tampering. Is this something that happens with this book in this casing? Anything I should look for specifically to indicate something isn’t right?

IMG_4493.png

Posted (edited)

Yah sometimes it shakes loose

Edited by revat

It could just be my perception of the photo, but it looks like it is holdered without an inner capsule. 

I don't think the capsule could rotate freely to that degree without hitting a side of the holder, stopping the rotation. Or a corner would be sticking out of the case. That was one thing supporting my "no capsule" theory. And a book without a capsule would of course be much looser in the frame.

Maybe you can see the capsule, and my theory is a big "never mind".

On 6/5/2024 at 9:37 PM, Lightning55 said:

It could just be my perception of the photo, but it looks like it is holdered without an inner capsule. 

I don't think the capsule could rotate freely to that degree without hitting a side of the holder, stopping the rotation. Or a corner would be sticking out of the case. That was one thing supporting my "no capsule" theory. And a book without a capsule would of course be much looser in the frame.

Maybe you can see the capsule, and my theory is a big "never mind".

It looks like there is an inner holder, but may not have been sealed.  You can see a where the seal is to the right of the barcode that runs vertical to the almost the top of the holder.

This looks super sketch to me, especially on a big book for which this is plenty of financial incentive for shenanigans--did you ever get to the bottom of it?  Interested to know what you found out.