• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta @ CLINK

25 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is old news.    But I see something on the clink website about them having placed one of the best Frazettas privately for 8m+ four years ago?

I don't recall any discussion of this whatsoever.    Did I miss the discussion completely or did they add this to the site recently?    I don't go on clink that often.

8.75m plus commission is what the site says.   That's got to be 9-10m.

FRANK-FRAZETTA-PAINTING-SALE-CONAN-THE-A

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 10:20 AM, Bronty said:

Sorry if this is old news.    But I see something on the clink website about them having placed one of the best Frazettas privately for 8m+ four years ago?

I don't recall any discussion of this whatsoever.    Did I miss the discussion completely or did they add this to the site recently?    I don't go on clink that often.

8.75m plus commission is what the site says.   That's got to be 9-10m. 

I knew about the sale for a long time but it was totally under the radar and there wasn't any public discussion about it that I saw. 

I think CLink has been highlighting it on their website for some months now. 

Edited by delekkerste

On 6/6/2024 at 1:00 PM, delekkerste said:

I knew about the sale for a long time but it was totally under the radar and there wasn't any public discussion about it that I saw. 

I think CLink has been highlighting it on their website for some months now. 

Thanks Gene.

Anything about the sale you can share?

On 6/6/2024 at 10:18 AM, Bronty said:

Its kind of crazy that this would be literally the biggest transaction ever in this space and it didn't even create a ripple (at least that I could see).

What happens in the Cobal stays in the Cobal.

Maybe so!

But the involvement of CLINK just opens up so many questions.

Egyptian Queen had already sold on HA in 2019, prior to this 2020 sale.

So Halperin, who's bought a lot of the big frazettas, openly, already had a relationship with the family.

So how does this piece end up at clink if HA had their hooks in already?

And if the buyer isn't Halperin, that's a big check - who is the buyer?

On 6/6/2024 at 1:35 PM, Brian Peck said:

What happens in the Cobal stays in the Cobal.

This was just posted on the game art facebook group.   Coincidence?   I doubt it.   The tentacles are everywhere.

447429013_10228133482335196_774131798713

Posted (edited)

hmm yeah.    Of course, that would make a ton of sense.

Hammett I can't see paying $10m when he got two that were just as good for $1 and $1.5m.  

Edited by Bronty

On 6/7/2024 at 3:32 AM, Bronty said:

But the involvement of CLINK just opens up so many questions.

Egyptian Queen had already sold on HA in 2019, prior to this 2020 sale.

My question would be more about who is handling marketing and PR at Clink.

Heritage had a high profile sale of EQ and reaped the PR and marketing benefits from the publicity surrounding that record sale.

Then CL allegedly made an even higher sale a year later but stayed completely mum about it until 2024.  They could've totally stolen Heritage's thunder, but chose to be completely silent about it.  Okay, perhaps they were sworn to confidentiality by the deal participants, but then why are they suddenly allowed to talk about it now?  Did the term of the NDA expire?  And even then, why is the sale being publicized in such a low-profile fashion, to the point that you would almost call it being non-publicized?   

On 6/6/2024 at 5:57 PM, Bronty said:

hmm yeah.    Of course, that would make a ton of sense.

Hammett I can't see paying $10m when he got two that were just as good for $1 and $1.5m.  

Art is funny. Some may find other pieces to be aesthetically superior, but that Conan effort was part of elevating Frazetta to near cult status. It definitely is a crown jewel. I remember carefully studying it when it first came out. It was striking, before the design was, to be polite, overutilized by other artists. EQ and this one, may very well be Frazetta's "Starry Night".  GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 6/7/2024 at 10:40 AM, tth2 said:

My question would be more about who is handling marketing and PR at Clink.

Heritage had a high profile sale of EQ and reaped the PR and marketing benefits from the publicity surrounding that record sale.

Then CL allegedly made an even higher sale a year later but stayed completely mum about it until 2024.  They could've totally stolen Heritage's thunder, but chose to be completely silent about it.  Okay, perhaps they were sworn to confidentiality by the deal participants, but then why are they suddenly allowed to talk about it now?  Did the term of the NDA expire?  And even then, why is the sale being publicized in such a low-profile fashion, to the point that you would almost call it being non-publicized?   

Exactly... so many questions.

There had to be an expired NDA, but I really like your point... ie if that's what happened, why aren't they screaming it from the rooftops now.    If its a phucking 10 meeelllliooon dollar sale how does it only get a lame paste up on the site that we don't even notice for months.

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 11:28 AM, jimjum12 said:

Art is funny. Some may find other pieces to be aesthetically superior, but that Conan effort was part of elevating Frazetta to near cult status. It definitely is a crown jewel. I remember carefully studying it when it first came out. It was striking, before the design was, to be polite, overutilized by other artists. EQ and this one, may very well be Frazetta's "Starry Night".  GOD BLESS ...

A crown jewel for sure.    Super impactful and copied into the ground, as you say.

Edited by Bronty

On 6/7/2024 at 1:04 PM, Bronty said:

A crown jewel for sure.    Super impactful and copied into the ground, as you say.

Spielberg wouldn't surprise me. A good way to write off 10 mil without actually writing it off. GOD BLESS ...