• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Pressing Question...
1 1

3 posts in this topic

So, I have a high valued magazine worth $5000 that CGC graded 9.2. The guy that sold it to me did not send it in the mail properly, and one of the corners got messed up. If I send this in for pressing, and it grades 9.4, the value goes up to over $15,000. That to me is worth sending it in. However, I am wondering, lets say it does not grade higher, am I guaranteed to keep my 9.2 rating? I see no reason as to why CGC would grade it lower than what it already is. Please let me know. Thank you.

• Administrator

Hello @Scott73737337, thank you for contacting us. While pressing should help the grade, we do not guarantee that it necessarily will. Additionally, since it has passed through different owners and would need to be shipped and cracked out, we do not guarantee the grade once it is re-cracked out. It would be graded again as if it were raw. We hope this makes sense!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!