• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Jim Lee’s signed be conducted at SDCC?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @OJ Pimpson, thank you for reaching out to us. Happy to help! Unfortunately, we do not have this information available to the public at this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause you!

Posted (edited)

So there is a specific reason I am asking and I hope you will be able to provide an answer

ive had Jim Lee sign my books on several occasions over the last 30 years, all the way back to when I was ten years old. Some live at cons and a few through CGC signing events. He is extremely nice and has always been 100% accommodating when it came to signature placement and color. That is until last year when CGC held an exclusive SDCC signing event where books had to be dropped off in person at the CGC booth. I dropped off 4 books. All were taped off to designate where I wanted the sig to be placed and I very largely notated what color in I’d like the signature to be in. 

like I said, Lee is very accommodating and has always been kind enough to sign as I requested. But for the SDCC event the signature placements and color were all over the place. 

I am aware that per CGC terms color and placement is strictly at the discretion of the artist. And that’s fine, I accept that. However it seems to me that Lee was probably overloaded with books to sign in a very short time threshold, thus was unable to be as accommodating as he always has been in the past. And if that’s the case with this signing, I’m probably going to pass and wait for a situation where he isn’t rushed and almost certainly will make accommodations for placement and color  

thank you 

Edited by OJ Pimpson

• Administrator

Hello @OJ Pimpson, thank you for following up with us. We try to accommodate placement/color requests as much as possible. However, due to the volume of submissions, these requests are unfortunately not guaranteed. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause you. Rest assured that if a request for placement/color is made for the submission, we will do our best to honor it for you. Thank you again for reaching out and please have a great day!