• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error or no?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey! Have had this card for a year and always debated getting it graded, pretty mint besides this weird extra ink on both sides of the cards. I've always gotten yes and no's about this issue, I don't wanna send it to any other grader cause they will most likely see it as a non error, just don't know how cgc would see this as.. The markings are more prominent in person, thanks for looking!

IMG_3676 (2).png

IMG_3677.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @PokeCollects, hope you are doing well! Unfortunately, we are not able to determine via photos if the card would be eligible for an error designation until our graders are able to review the card in hand. With that said, we can provide some guidelines on what errors we designate to assist you in making that determination. Please see the link HERE to review the errors we currently designate at this time. Presently, I do not see this ink error listed, however, if it is significant enough, it may qualify for an error designation. It does not cost anything extra for the card to be reviewed for an error designation though, so please click the "error" add-on service should you decide to send this card in to be graded.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 6/13/2024 at 4:34 PM, PokeCollects said:

Hey! Have had this card for a year and always debated getting it graded, pretty mint besides this weird extra ink on both sides of the cards. I've always gotten yes and no's about this issue, I don't wanna send it to any other grader cause they will most likely see it as a non error, just don't know how cgc would see this as.. The markings are more prominent in person, thanks for looking!

IMG_3676 (2).png

IMG_3677.jpg

Typical copy pasta from cgc.... but in regard to the card in question, those are print lines and will deduct your over all grade of the card. CGC won't consider this as an error.