• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Test Print Jungle - 1999 vs 1998
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey CGC. Recently, cards with your certificate appeared at auctions. They were Jungle cards with white borders. The label says "Test Print".

Could you tell me why some of that Test Print cards have "1999" and some "1998" on the label? On the card the year is same. 

On 6/17/2024 at 6:19 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello!

Can you please share a link to this auction for review? I could not locate any Jungle test prints with 1998 on our census. 

https://www.cgccards.com/population-report/tcg/pokémon/2/test-prints-oddities-other/692/jungle-unlimited-test-print/13960?page=1

At least the Snorlax ones are all 1998 on their labels.

Screenshot_20240527_201451_eBay.thumb.jpg.79a652a4e62db7c5dac23b27aa4c07cf.jpg

On 6/17/2024 at 3:19 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello!

Can you please share a link to this auction for review? I could not locate any Jungle test prints with 1998 on our census. 

https://www.cgccards.com/population-report/tcg/pokémon/2/test-prints-oddities-other/692/jungle-unlimited-test-print/13960?page=1

These are my two cards. 1999 and 1998. So this is a label error? 😃

IMG_2617.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @SnorlaxCollective @BenJoh33

Thanks for the images. Yes the 1998 labeled cards are an error. They can be returned for a complementary reholder service through the Mechanical Error service. You can also review this has been updated on the certification lookup page already for the 1998 cards. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. 

Regards,