• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!
2 2

65 posts in this topic

Been a little while for me. Got a decent pile of new arrivals, under copies, and some stuff out of the personal boxes. Mostly GA books but a few pulps and other fun paper stuff. All kinds of genres and stuff. Some cheaper readers and some nicer stuff as well. Pretty affordable to collectors and readers. These will take me several days to post. I will do a handful hopefully each day until I am done.  Have fun!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage starts out at exact USPS Ground Advantage and works up from there depending on how many books you buy and where you are. I don't make money on postage and will quote as affordable prices as possible. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

Payment by PayPal, Checks or Money orders.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had just a few in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Wild Boy #7 Sept.1952 Ziff Davis

Beautiful, lush GGA jungle cover. Nice Kintsler story inside.

Glossy, bright, flat and clean. Has neat spine split from top down top popped staple. Very light sun shadows on back cover. No tears or creases. Nice off white interior paper. Nice looking copy with some spine wear.

Was $50.

Then $45.

Now $40.

wildboyB1.jpeg

wildboyB2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Bobby Benson's B-Bar_B Riders #11 Aug-Sept 1951 ME Publications

Great Frank Frazetta cover. Entire interior is nice and by Bob Powell.

Has a slight spine roll. Some light stress lines at spine. Has a couple tiny edge chips. Small name and address on back cover. Book and centerfold well bound to covers. No major tears, splits or creases. Supple off white interior paper.

Was $125.

Then $100.

Now $90.

BobbyBenson1.jpeg

BobbyBenson2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Black Cobra #6 (#2) Dec-Jan 1954 Ajax-Farrell

Unusual late Golden Age superhero book

Flat, clean, bright copy. 1/2" neat upper spine split. Cover and centerfold well bound to book.  No other splits, tears or creases. Just very minor wear. Fresh, supple interior paper. Nice copy.

Was $225.

Then $200.

Now $175.

blackcobra1.jpeg

blackcobra2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

My Girl Pearl #9 Dec 1960 Marvel Publications

Stan Goldberg cover and all interior art by Dan DeCarlo

Flat, bright, complete copy. Small area in lower right corner has a light ink fade. Some minor Marvel chipping on right side. Tightly bound to covers. Just minor wear. Near white interior pages. 

Was $45.

Then $40.

Now $35.

mygirlpearl1.jpeg

mygirlpearl2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Weird Tales May 1948 Pulp Magazine

Insane Matt Fox horror cover! Ray Bradbury story.

A solid, clean copy. Minor edge and corner wear. Small tear in back cover as well as some small, light pencil scribbles. Spine is square and tight with full paper. No other major splits, tears or creasing. Slightly yellowed but fresh and supple interior paper.

What would this go for if it were a comic book?

Was $125.

Now $100.

weirdtalesmay1.jpeg

weirdtalesmay2.jpeg

weirdtalesmay3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Blue Ribbon #2 April 1949 St. John Publications

Matt Baker cover!

Small piece out of top right corner. Slight spine roll. Some small spine crease lines. Long, thin, crease on right side of cover. Well, bound and clean copy with very nice interior pages. Very bright color.

Was $150.

Then $130.

Now $125.

blueribbon2A.jpeg

blueribbon2B.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Men's Adventures #23 Sept 1953 Atlas Publications

One of those great gradual Atlas "melting covers". Matt Fox and Reed Crandall stories. Nice content just before the code did away with stuff like this.

Solid, complete copy. Small upper spine tear. A few light stains. Rust on top staple. Just average, light general wear. A well bound copy with nothing missing. Interior pages are slightly yellowed but very supple with no damage.

$100.

mensadvs1.jpeg

mensadvs2.jpeg

mensadvs3.jpeg

mensadvs4.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Cowboy Love #5 Nov 1949 Fawcett Publications

Nice, photo cover. Cool Hopalong Cassidy photo pin up back cover.

Slight spine roll. A few small edge anspine tears. Average wear. Book and centerfold well bound to covers. Nice, supple off white interior paper.

Was $25.

Now $20.

cowboylove1.jpeg

cowboylove2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Get Lost #1 Feb 1954 Mikerous Publications

One of the best MAD imitator comic books. Outstanding GGA headlights cover. Great interior art.

Has a small 1-1/4" upper spine tear. A couple very small edge tears. Very light tanning inside covers. Staples starting to pull but cover is still attached to book. Bright and clean. No pieces missing, or any creases. Supple interior pages.

Was $45.

Now $40.

getlost1.jpeg

getlost2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

SOLD!

Titter Magazine June 1954

Beautiful Peter Driven airbrush, leggy GGA cover. Bettie Page inside as well as many other beautiful babes.

Nice looking copy. Spine is neatly split 3" from bottom and 2" from top. Still well bound in center for about 5". Small old grease pencil price on cover. Otherwise, flat and clean with no tears or creases. Very slightly yellowed interior paper but fresh and supple with no damage. Hard to find copies that look this nice. 

$45.

titter1.jpeg

titter2.jpeg

titter3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 6/18/2024 at 11:12 PM, Robot Man said:

Titter Magazine June 1954

Beautiful Peter Driven airbrush, leggy GGA cover. Bettie Page inside as well as many other beautiful babes.

Nice looking copy. Spine is neatly split 3" from bottom and 2" from top. Still well bound in center for about 5". Small old grease pencil price on cover. Otherwise, flat and clean with no tears or creases. Very slightly yellowed interior paper but fresh and supple with no damage. Hard to find copies that look this nice. 

$45.

titter1.jpeg

titter2.jpeg

titter3.jpeg

Take

Posted (edited)

Gunsmoke #5 Dec-Jan 1949 Youthful Publications

Awesome Graham Ingals GGA cover. Masked Marvel Skeleton Guy horror story. Very violent contents! One of the better western titles.

Book is neatly detached from covers. Small corner off bottom right corner. A few small edge tears. A couple of small pieces of tape on cover. Centerfold neatly detached but no wear on edges. Bright and complete with nothing really defacing the covers. Slightly yellowed interior pages. 

Was $50.

Then $45.

Now $40.

gunsmoke1.jpeg

gunsmoke2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Flash Comics #78 Dec 1946 DC Publications

Classic Halloween cover. Also has a very weird Flash Halloween story to lead off with. One of my favorite Flash GA books.

Has a couple tiny corner spine bumps at top and bottom of spine. A very light and hard to see "subscription bend" in front cover. Does not break color and could be easily pressed out if one desired. Small lower right corner crease. Flat, clean and bright. No pieces missing, tears or other creases. Book and centerfold are still well bound to covers.White/off white interior pages. A very nice copy. Adam Anderson (Blizzard on the bay) recently sold a CGC 2.5 Restored copy for $370. on Ebay. I am asking:

Was $450.

Now $425.

flash1.jpeg

flash2.jpeg

flash3.jpeg

flash4.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 6/18/2024 at 3:51 PM, Robot Man said:

I think that will do it for today. This gives you a general idea of the kind of stuff coming up. Will have another pile tomorrow. A bit more if I get started early. 

My Acid Trip on the Boards :cloud9: 

Posted (edited)

Oh Brother #5 Oct 1953 Stanhall Publicans

Great shark joke cover. Unusual title. From the good folks who brought you Farmer's Daughter and GI Jane,

Has a long thin right side cover crease. Small tear at bottom of spine. Back cover has a light cup stain and some dust shadows on edges. Average general wear with small edge tears, creases and edge wear. Nice cover image. Book and centerfold still bound to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

Was $45.

Now $40.

ohbrother1.jpeg

ohbrother2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Wings #102 Feb 1949 Friction House Publications

Nice GGA cover by Lubbers. Action and GGA inside. Lots of great art within it's 52 pages.

This copy has seen some water. Has some water rippling. Staples have rust and are popped from book. Otherwise, a nice presenting copy. Very bright ink for a FH book. Full, cover with no splits or pieces missing. Centerfold snug to book. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages. 

Was $35.

Now $30.

wings1.jpeg

wings2.jpeg

wings3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Here is a cool item!

Mechanic Illustrated May 1954

Cool Creature of the Black Lagoon cover and multi pages with photos.

Has some water damage at bottom of magazine on covers only. Tightly bound copy with just average overall wear. Good interior pages with no oder.

Was $35.

Now $30.

creaturemag1.jpeg

creaturemag2.jpeg

creaturemag3.jpeg

creaturemag4.jpeg

creaturemag5.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man