• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is USM particularly hot or valued right now?

47 posts in this topic

Yeah but Darth, I also stated that some dealers got them in MORE than a 1-in-4 ratio, and had reams of them with their order. I have a feeling someone screwed up on distro, or Diamond used them to *reward* their bigger clients, on a far better ratio than Marvel.

I guess I way underestimated the number of copies of the white variant... well, I suppose my original response to this thread seems rediculous... that book can't be considered rare or even all that hard to find.

I would estimate the print run was somewhere in the 150,000-160,000 range, so I'm guessing around 40,000?

I also think JC and Darth are right about the inequal distribution. The guy who supplies me puts in huge month to month orders, much, much(!) more than the average dealer. When USM came out, he was offering 1 White cover to every collector who ordered a copy of USM #1. For those who ordered multiples(like me) he used the 1 in 4 ratio so that he would have enough to offer everyone a copy who pre-ordered(out of fairness). But the majority of his books go to "one copy" collectors, which means he must of had quite a lot of White covers to facilitate bulk buyers and collectors both. Next time I go in(likely this weekend) I'll ask him exactly how the White cover distribution worked.

I've read that it was limited to 2,000...BUT I've read that most often on Ebay, which means it's a selling point, not a true census. GCG lists less than a thousand slabbed.

A better investment might actually be that super-rape Batman 608 variant limited to only 500 copies.