• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Bumped Up a Tier
3 3

28 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

People need to loosen the hell up. There was nothing wrong here. The book ended up being a bigger book aka more value, they changed the tier correctly. Bunch of snow flakes in this forum sometimes. Booohooo, I hate CGC, booohooo, CGC makes me mad. Jesus, people just love to complain about everything.

And seriously, this isn't even new to comic grading. As far as I'm aware, every major (read: acceptable) numismatic grading company works the same way, as do at least several of the philatelic certifiers. I don't know how the sports card authorities work, but I bet it isn't much different. I'm not deaf to the idea that it presents a conflict of interest in certain situations but to some extent, this is a ship that sailed for the broader collectibles community many, many years ago.

Well back in the day when I was sending big dollar books in 2003 2004 I don't remember getting charged extra when they sent them back , I really did not send a lot of big dollar books past those years so there is that also . It seems like it is all about greed to me and it shows .

On 7/1/2024 at 6:42 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

People need to loosen the hell up. There was nothing wrong here. The book ended up being a bigger book aka more value, they changed the tier correctly. Bunch of snow flakes in this forum sometimes. Booohooo, I hate CGC, booohooo, CGC makes me mad. Jesus, people just love to complain about everything.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

On 7/5/2024 at 3:20 PM, JollyComics said:

You are lucky to get the higher grade.

Yeah that's like the best feeling. When you send a book in and find out you got bumped for this reason. I've never know anyone to be mad about that.

On 7/5/2024 at 5:32 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah that's like the best feeling. When you send a book in and find out you got bumped for this reason. I've never know anyone to be mad about that.

It's always a mixed feeling.  At same time, we take the advantage of it meanwhile they take money.

I am yet submitting a book to CGC since June 2023 and I haven't renewed my membership.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 6:58 PM, JollyComics said:

It's always a mixed feeling.  At same time, we take the advantage of it meanwhile they take money.

I am yet submitting a book to CGC since June 2023 and I haven't renewed my membership.

Yeah it’s not a mixed feeling for me. I send a book in, expect around a certain grade, discover it was higher and the book is worth more. If that’s the case, CGC you can have the additional money and I have no problem at all. I’ve been submitting since 2008 and plan to happily keep submitting. I just sent in my mid grade X-Men 1 and high grade copies of ASM 15 and ASM 20. But hey, to each their own. I totally understand there’s a lot of people who come on here to comment because they don’t like CGC. It’s like the purest form of trolling haha.

Edited by LDarkseid1