• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation for UV Submission

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was just curious about how FMV is generated for books in UV submissions. I sent in a Hulk 181 that is on its way back to me, Based on the upcharge, applying my 10% discount, and using GPAnalysis for value, I figured it landed on 8.5 or 9.0 but it actually graded out as an 8.0. Using GPA the FMV was overvalued by $1k-ish, maybe a shade under, but if value is determined by some other way maybe it was correct. I could not find any info online about how FMV is determined in UV submissions so I figured I would ask here. 

• Administrator

Hi @Stefan_W,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Submitters to CGC are required to list a declared value for each collectible in their submission. By submitting a collectible and listing a declared value, the submitter agrees that the declared value represents the current fair market value (FMV) of the submitted collectible. The declared value must represent the FMV of a genuine collectible of that same issue and variety in the same approximate condition. CGC does not assign values to collectibles. If CGC determines that a collectible is undervalued and does not qualify for the tier or services selected, it may adjust the tier and charge the appropriate difference in CCS services, grading and/or services fees based on its determination of the collectible’s current Fair Market Value. (Note: CGC will adjust the tier even if the collectible is later determined to be not genuine, altered or otherwise ungradable.) CGC will not, however, change the declared value originally assigned by the submitter. You will be able to read more about our Declared Value Policy here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/declared-value-policy/.

Please let us know if you have any concerns. Thank you,

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 8:57 AM, AllisonC CS said:

Hi @Stefan_W,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Submitters to CGC are required to list a declared value for each collectible in their submission. By submitting a collectible and listing a declared value, the submitter agrees that the declared value represents the current fair market value (FMV) of the submitted collectible. The declared value must represent the FMV of a genuine collectible of that same issue and variety in the same approximate condition. CGC does not assign values to collectibles. If CGC determines that a collectible is undervalued and does not qualify for the tier or services selected, it may adjust the tier and charge the appropriate difference in CCS services, grading and/or services fees based on its determination of the collectible’s current Fair Market Value. (Note: CGC will adjust the tier even if the collectible is later determined to be not genuine, altered or otherwise ungradable.) CGC will not, however, change the declared value originally assigned by the submitter. You will be able to read more about our Declared Value Policy here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/declared-value-policy/.

Please let us know if you have any concerns. Thank you,

I was mostly curious about how CGC comes its valuations so I know for future submissions.

Thank you for your response! 

Edited by Stefan_W