• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$$$$What is up with Captain America #308 1st app Armadillo $$$$$

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have no idea, but when I looked 9,8 sold for $100 or thereabouts, perhaps it is a hopeful prospect at least for those selling lol

I bought I think a nearby issue of the 1st madcap, and I'm still wondering why haha, but I enjoyed the character back when I read Deadpool. 

Was there a reason this one caught your eye to begin with? Were you after it but then noticed the tag? Or from out of nowhere?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/7/2024 at 4:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have no idea, but when I looked 9,8 sold for $100 or thereabouts, perhaps it is a hopeful prospect at least for those selling lol

I bought I think a nearby issue of the 1st madcap, and I'm still wondering why haha, but I enjoyed the character back when I read Deadpool. 

Was there a reason this one caught your eye to begin with? Were you after it but then noticed the tag? Or from out of nowhere?

I was flipping through the caps at the local shop and this one stood out from all the $4 ones. I was like what the heck. Captain America 387 was priced $40 which makes no sense. 

Maybe he’s gonna be in Deadpool wolverines 

On 7/7/2024 at 2:14 PM, Blastaar said:

My local store has it priced at $80 and I've seen bay prices from $5-$200. What am I missing?

Sold 9.8's are only going for $100, raws $5.

Serpent Society will be in the new Cap movie, I believe. Maybe a tie to that.

On 7/12/2024 at 8:07 PM, Blastaar said:

Went down to the shop across town today and got a NM raw for $5. Anybody want to buy it for $75? 

lol curiosity satisfied lol 

He’s just one of those lovable, priceless goofball Marvel bit characters (Woodgod, Impossible Man, Paste Pot Pete, etc). Long overdue love gettin’ shown!

While I think that’s all true, I doubt it’s the price hike explanation.