• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preacher’s Summer Session - THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED
11 11

728 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 10:34 AM, JollyComics said:

It sounds important.

On 7/17/2024 at 5:13 PM, ThePreacher said:

Fantastic Four 79 (2.0) - FREEBIE to whomever claims next book in the thread. SOLD

Valverde Pedigree

FF79A.thumb.jpg.3a4d9bd028ff45ae854fc18aeee5b297.jpg

FF79B.thumb.jpg.f4262007dd662158c873d1499e1eb56b.jpg

Glad at least 1 person noticed my poor attempt at humor!

:foryou:

Edited by ThePreacher

Update

I found even more books to post...

I'm finding it easier to "give up" books the more this thread goes along...it's great...it feels ...."liberating" to let some go... wait, I think I mean, "What's wrong with me?"...or maybe I mean, "What's happening?"...or maybe I mean..."Why does this snozzberry taste like a poof puff?"...mmm..."Gulp". Whatever this is, it seems to be working for all.

Based on what I've seen so far in this thread, I think the crowd will like the upcoming books - fingers crossed.

I will need to take today "off" to photograph, grade, and price. Hope to have that all wrapped up by EOD so that we can post some bangers tomorrow, Friday 7/19 at around 3pm (PT). 

In the meantime...first person to tell us who this guy is (and why he's important to ol' Jesse Custer) may claim any book left in the thread marked at $20 or less, for FREE.

This is a tough trivia question for even the most astute of Preacher Die Hards. To me, he is the most important character in the entire book, even though he only makes a brief cameo. Godspeed to the winner!

Preach on Boardie Nation. Preach on....

Billy Baker (Character) - Comic Vine

On 7/18/2024 at 2:02 PM, ThePreacher said:

"Why does this snozzberry taste like a poof puff?"

If you have to ask bro...., :eyeroll:

On 7/18/2024 at 2:49 PM, lizards2 said:

If you have to ask bro...., :eyeroll:

How did I know that was the line that would get your attention?

Hello, you smoke-jumping reptile.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:02 PM, ThePreacher said:

Update

I found even more books to post...

I'm finding it easier to "give up" books the more this thread goes along...it's great...it feels ...."liberating" to let some go... wait, I think I mean, "What's wrong with me?"...or maybe I mean, "What's happening?"...or maybe I mean..."Why does this snozzberry taste like a poof puff?"...mmm..."Gulp". Whatever this is, it seems to be working for all.

Based on what I've seen so far in this thread, I think the crowd will like the upcoming books - fingers crossed.

I will need to take today "off" to photograph, grade, and price. Hope to have that all wrapped up by EOD so that we can post some bangers tomorrow, Friday 7/19 at around 3pm (PT). 

In the meantime...first person to tell us who this guy is (and why he's important to ol' Jesse Custer) may claim any book left in the thread marked at $20 or less, for FREE.

This is a tough trivia question for even the most astute of Preacher Die Hards. To me, he is the most important character in the entire book, even though he only makes a brief cameo. Godspeed to the winner!

Preach on Boardie Nation. Preach on....

Billy Baker (Character) - Comic Vine

That's obviously Spaceman Baker. Everyone knows that. Jesse's dad saved his ace in the chit.

Edited by Ryan.

Boy I really killed this thread.

On 7/18/2024 at 8:08 PM, Readcomix said:

I knew ya had it in ya! :golfclap:

Won't be the last time.

On 7/11/2024 at 6:58 PM, ThePreacher said:

Sub-Mariner, The 21 (5.5) - $10

Sub-MarinerThe21A.thumb.jpg.dcc139cbf6823d3a0be1bff24c5f968c.jpg

Sub-MarinerThe21B.thumb.jpg.66e25ceba815e5396cebc42554e3f1ae.jpg

Sub-MarinerThe21C.thumb.jpg.388bc2f2a5c762185b63daf1758c21ae.jpg

Let me add this to my pile, looks like one of Don's books I'm bringing it back home

:takeit:

On 7/18/2024 at 3:57 PM, Ryan. said:

That's obviously Spaceman Baker. Everyone knows that. Jesse's dad saved his ace in the chit.

^^

If you want to claim a book marked at $20 or less in the thread - go for it! Sounds like you may opt to "pass" though?

On 7/18/2024 at 5:20 PM, Ryan. said:

Won't be the last time.

Bueno! I like your style, sir.

I encourage all shenanigans, tomfoolery, chit-talking, and even straight jabs (though maybe better to save the straight jabs for me only) in this thread.

That said, I think I'll reply with this, even though relative to you I am GREEEEEEEEN around here...

:peace: 

Who Invited This Guy GIFs | Tenor

On 7/18/2024 at 5:24 PM, Azkaban said:

Let me add this to my pile, looks like one of Don's books I'm bringing it back home

:takeit:

Don was my father's name, but I suspect you have a different Don in mind?

On 7/18/2024 at 9:21 PM, ThePreacher said:

Don was my father's name, but I suspect you have a different Don in mind?

He was my best friend that passed away and I was selling his books for his wife, now I'm selling his brothers for his wife. I'm sure that was one of his books I sold a few years ago I can tell by the date stamp (thumbsu

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 9:53 PM, Azkaban said:

He was my best friend that passed away and I was selling his books for his wife, now I'm selling his brothers for his wife. I'm sure that was one of his books I sold a few years ago I can tell by the date stamp (thumbsu

Ah , I see. I’ve seen your thread, I just didn’t remember his name - good stuff in that thread and of course most kind of you to do that.

Sorry for your loss. My best friend also passed, recently - and I LOVE the idea of you bringing this one home.

Edited by ThePreacher

On 7/18/2024 at 9:58 PM, ThePreacher said:

Ah , I see. I’ve seen your thread, I just didn’t remember his name - good stuff in that thread and of course most kind of you to do that.

Sorry for your loss. My best friend also passed, recently - and I LOVE the idea of you bringing this one home.

So sorry for losses on Best Friends ! I luckily went and saw mine today Beers , Pizza and all the houses he is building , real fun times ! His favorite color Orange , favorite character Hulk . We drove around in his 2022 Bronco , he waited 2 years for that , ordered it new and on top of that a House he had sold tried to low ball on closing day on the house he was selling them so he said no and sold it for a extra over 100 grand then what he had it sold for to the low ballers for and I gave it the name Bronco House because that house bought him the Bronco .:yeehaw:

Edited by davidking623