• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gambit #1 cover variant
2 2

3 posts in this topic

First a big "Hi"

I am a total newbie at this comic hobby, based in the UK. I have inherited a large collection from my late brother. I am slowly working my way through them, trying to catalogue them with the help of Overstreet #52. I am struggling to identify a cover variant of Gambit #1. Mine is embossed white with a gold outline???

Does anyone now what variant this is? I can't find another online.

Thanks for any leads.

Alan

20240712_123143.jpg.84255e8f5b40c92f122e3cfeebb1029f.jpg

Welcome to the boards, Alan!

Your cover looks like a misprint, slightly out of correct registration. I don't think it is a variant, as in a different printing from the original. 

Some people collect misprints, and some misprints have value above original cover price. And some have little to no value. It's a whole separate area of collecting.

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if it may be a misprint, but at the same time it is so regular as to look "right"

I guess the fact that I can't find mention of another somewhere points to a misprint. Shame, as the comic is in excellent condition.