• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: Two Raw Books and One Slabbed Book for Sale - Sensation Comics #46, Deslabbed CGC 7.5 Journey Into Mystery #87 and Avengers #13 CGC 8.0
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm offering two raw books and one slabbed book for sale - Sensation Comics #46, Journey Into Mystery #87, and Avengers #13 CGC 8.0.

Those of you who've sold to me in the past know I'm very particular when I purchase raw books, and neither of the raw books has any of these defects unless noted:

• Loose or detached staples
  • Rusty staples
  • A loose or detached centerfold
  • Smudges
  • Spine splitting
  • Tears
  • Water stains
  • Interior defects (tears, missing page corner chips, etc.)

I prefer to ship via domestic or international USPS Priority Mail (but am also open to USPS Ground Advantage) and charge the exact cost for shipping.

I accept PayPal, Venmo, checks, or money orders.

I will accept a return if you're not happy with a raw book...just let me know within a week of receipt. No returns on CGC-graded books.

The first :takeit: gets the book, but I will also entertain offers via PM.

Please No probies and HOSers, and thanks for looking!

Art

Edited by silverseeker
Closing this thread.

Posted (edited)

First up is Sensation Comics #46, and here's the story behind it:

I picked it up around 1980 from Amazing Adventures on the corner of 45th Avenue and Noriega Street in San Francisco. I thought the "big logo" Golden Age DCs were so cool and wanted to get an example of one. This was the only title I could afford, but it has never fit my collecting style so I'd like to send it to a good home.

It, along with the Daredevil #1 I sold to @Primetime a few weeks ago, were the last two vintage books I had in my collection from when I collected back then (all of the vintage books I have now were acquired since 2000).

I was not sure how to grade it because of the dust shadows, but other than them and a bend in the upper left corner of the back cover the book presents beautifully and has great page quality. I consulted with Ben and am grading it Fine (6.0) to be safe.

Prices are hard to track down for this book, but several CGC 4.0 copies have sold between $420 and $455 over the last two years.

I'm asking $700 $600 $500 for this copy.

SC46_FC.thumb.jpg.9ed8a94277210b7e1d6ef81ab4642512.jpg

Back cover scan and centerfold:

Spoiler

SC46_BC.thumb.jpg.b1dc21872082f06877e1feee6f90ac67.jpg

SC46_Centerfold.thumb.jpg.304a0230908b9d82b0aeebd567757c89.jpg

Edited by silverseeker
Price reduction.

Posted (edited)

I just discovered that I still had scans of the Journey Into Mystery #87 when it was slabbed, and here they are! Glad I held on to them...

JIM87_CGC75_1006007002_FC.thumb.jpg.b1af6cf7e6e5fefad0d3a3421a7dbc10.jpg

Back cover scan:

Spoiler

JIM87_CGC75_1006007002_BC.thumb.jpg.47c35cefd10ce1eeb688dea23177d877.jpg

Edited by silverseeker
Removed some text.

Posted (edited)

:bump: for final price drops before moving these books to other venues…will keep this thread open through the weekend. Thanks!

Edited by silverseeker
Changed text.