• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received my first submission back and….
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering why 4 of the 17 cards I sent in were put into the slabs still in the penny sleeves? I guess it’s not that big a deal but it looks kinda bad & I’ve never seen that before.

thank you

• Administrator

Hi @Demmy19,

Thank you for reaching out! The most common reason is the card was too small for our holder's well. Even though a card may look to be the same size, because of imperfections in card production, it's possible for a card to be a couple of millimeters larger than the next one. Currently, we accept cards sized 2-5/8” x 3-3/4” (6.6cm x 9.5cm) or smaller. Cards may be up to 7.25mm thick. If a card is a few millimeters smaller than that, we need to put a sleeve on the card to avoid it moving around in the slab. Kindly keep in mind that this is truly for the protection of your card, as we do not want it to be damaged by being able to slide around or shift in any way. We make a slight mention of this on our FAQ here: CGC Cards Encapsulation FAQs

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,