• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing price calculation incorrect on submission page?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I just tried this a couple times - on the submissions page, if I select:

CGC Grading
Authentication and Grading
Modern Tier ($22.50)

when I click 'Add Comic' I get a pop up saying 'Don't forget Pressing! Add pressing for $15 / Comic':

image.jpeg.bd7ea8b064d129c1f3ed4699e3ca5fc2.jpeg

The price comes through as $37.50 in the Cart once I add a book.

If I select:

CGC Signature Series
Select a facilitator and a show
Modern Tier ($37.00)

when I click 'Add Comic' I get a pop up saying 'Don't forget Pressing! Add pressing for $35 / Comic'

image.jpeg.ac83f29215890e7edaadf427fa4a4637.jpeg

The price comes through as $72 in the cart.

Is that $35 correct? that's almost as much as grading fees! It also seems ridiculous to have an upcharge of over 100% for pressing a non-SS book - presuming pressing a SS book is the same process as pressing a regular book.

And neither price is even close to the $12 listed on the Services chart:

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/pressing/

image.thumb.png.e87ca13e0da527f20fdb7597994d248a.png

Can someone clarify if there is an error here and/or why there is so much difference in the costs of pressing? 

• Administrator

Hello @dbcn,

This is a known issue on the submission form and is being worked on by our IT team. Unfortunately, I do not yet have a confirmation on when this will be corrected. Thanks for your patience. 

Thanks @MattM CS - I appreciate the follow up.

I just reviewed the last handful of my invoices from CCS, and all of them are for the rate listed on Services page. It is confusing that the website has different rates during the Submission process, but I am able to confirm that the price on the Services page is what I ended up being charged. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!