• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's New Universe lives on...
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2024 at 2:32 AM, Kirby_Fan said:

We can all laugh, but if Marvel suddenly announces a new cinema, TV/Cable, or streaming project featuring D.P.7 we'll all be scrambling for this cannon fodder. And then the race will be on to unload them before the party is over. 

It's happened many times before, from dreck to diamond, then beck to dreck, and it will happen again and again and aga......

Wake Up Wake Up Meme GIF

On 7/24/2024 at 9:49 PM, Point Five said:

... at this random newsstand I passed today on 42nd Street near Grand Central Station. Looks like they raided a dollar box somewhere. I'm not sure if there's a tourist alive on this earth that will pay $9 or $10 a pop for beat issues of D.P 7 and Spitfire and the Troubleshooters. But damn it, there's a chance!

Ahh, NYC. Full of surprises as ever.  :cloud9: 

IMG_1408.thumb.jpg.d06fa874d1cbe2e515680b9d1a89e042.jpg

IMG_1409.thumb.jpg.501f5e35809c8d87196e36e06e2250ba.jpg

If you are ever passing through, check out the comic long boxes at the "store" along the main walkway of the 8th Ave stop in the area where the stairs from the A,C,E lines lead to the walkway to the L train.   Try not to laugh as you sift through that. 

On 7/25/2024 at 9:32 PM, Kirby_Fan said:

We can all laugh, but if Marvel suddenly announces a new cinema, TV/Cable, or streaming project featuring D.P.7 we'll all be scrambling for this cannon fodder. And then the race will be on to unload them before the party is over. 

It's happened many times before, from dreck to diamond, then beck to dreck, and it will happen again and again and aga......

Just like the cylons and humans on BSG

On 7/24/2024 at 9:49 PM, Point Five said:

... at this random newsstand I passed today on 42nd Street near Grand Central Station. Looks like they raided a dollar box somewhere. I'm not sure if there's a tourist alive on this earth that will pay $9 or $10 a pop for beat issues of D.P 7 and Spitfire and the Troubleshooters. But damn it, there's a chance!

Ahh, NYC. Full of surprises as ever.  :cloud9: 

IMG_1408.thumb.jpg.d06fa874d1cbe2e515680b9d1a89e042.jpg

IMG_1409.thumb.jpg.501f5e35809c8d87196e36e06e2250ba.jpg

BUT THEY'RE NEWSSTAND EDITIONS!

On 7/25/2024 at 10:31 AM, Point Five said:

Seriously! This newsstand is at the corner of 42nd Street and Madison Avenue, and at rush hour the street was mobbed. Hundreds of people were passing by *every minute*. They could do almost literally anything else with the display space and make more money. 

It's the highest profile the New Universe has had since like 1987.

Considering that Midtown Comics has two locations within a 5-minute walk from there, I doubt anyone is even considering a rando newsstand an option.

On 7/31/2024 at 4:43 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Considering that Midtown Comics has two locations within a 5-minute walk from there, I doubt anyone is even considering a rando newsstand an option.

People who don't know anything about comics would never walk up those stairs to either location and only someone who knows nothing about comics would spend money on any of them