• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations, 2024 CGC Comics Registry Award Winners!
3 3

6 posts in this topic

Hi Mike

I am one of the very lucky SILVER AGE AWARD winners for my  Dikko -  Australian Editions of US Sci-Fi Comics. I have just received my Prize package in Australia and what a treat is it. Thank you to yourself and ALL of the CGC team for selecting me for the Award. I have already sent off my next lot of comics to CGC for Grading and will be adding to the above set.

Part of the CGC comment was about my OUTER SPACE #1 CGC 9.2. This comic got me started in joining CGC and was part of my first submissions back in 2017. I was thrilled back then , as I am now , with its 9.2 grade.

I am interested in collecting Australian comics mainly from the 1950 - 1970's, especially those with a Sci -Fi theme. Apart from other titles in that COMPETITIVE Set (especially "Strange Adventures"), my main CUSTOM set is the Australian collection of "The Adventures of CATMAN". Like most post-WW2 Australian comics, they were printed on cheap newsprint and were probably not expected to last nor certainly not to become a collectible item in the future. One of the most interesting parts of collecting the Australian versions is the numbering change from the US titles, and trying to match the comic with its US counterpart as most never start with the US #1 issue. Delving into and researching the history of the Australian version or purely Australian comics is part of the enjoyment. I have to also thank James at  AUSREPRINTS database for all his work in cataloguing Australian comics.

Anyway, a big "THANK YOU" again to CGC.

OUTER SPACE No. 1 CGC 9.2 SN0319936006 (cover).jpg

Just a quick additional note: My OUTER SPACE #1 comic [CGC 9.2] was printed by New Century Press in 1958 and distributed by Gordon & Gotch, Melbourne.

In my opinion, the Australian version is far superior to it's US counter part #17, shown here:

US Outer Space #17.jpg

On 8/21/2024 at 5:50 AM, Dikko said:

Just a quick additional note: My OUTER SPACE #1 comic [CGC 9.2] was printed by New Century Press in 1958 and distributed by Gordon & Gotch, Melbourne.

In my opinion, the Australian version is far superior to it's US counter part #17, shown here:

US Outer Space #17.jpg

Good eye on that one, I agree about the Aussie being better looking, the American almost looks torn lol

Of course we know it isn't but still haha dim light where I'm at and if not for the print yadda yadda torn.

Kudos on your win!