• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ratio Variant Covers Question

37 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2024 at 4:46 PM, ygogolak said:

Not the ones being discussed. Should probably get educated first and then comment.

lol

On 7/26/2024 at 6:50 PM, Escaflown41 said:

Recently, I came across a seller on eBay that's selling tons of rare ratio 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 variant covers starting the bids at $1 each.  He has a wide variety from Marvel, DC and Independent publishers.  Naturally I placed bids on some of them and won a few.  The following week, this seller lists even more copies of the same rare ratio variants, but this time in lots of 2's and 4's.  I was like woah, he has more copies, but I refrain from bidding and just watched a few of them to see what they sell for at the end without thinking too much about them.  After those ended, he starts listing more and more lots of these books, but this time in larger lots of 8 copies each with multiple listings of the same books.  At this point, I'm just wondering how the heck does someone end up with so many copies of these supposedly rare ratio variants?  Now the questions I have is can anyone confirmed that these books are indeed printed according to ratios and is it normal for any reseller to have large quantities of them?

cgcdiamondincentiveordersoldbooks.thumb.png.e9fb732cad9682b957f7e7913b82e6c6.png

lol

:banana:

On 7/28/2024 at 2:37 PM, ygogolak said:

They are getting backdoored ratios somehow.

On 10/21/2016 at 12:13 AM, Prince Namor said:

I ordered 30 copies of a 1:25 almost 2 years after it came out and got them all. More than enough to go over a round up of the case pack by that point.

:popcorn:

On 7/28/2024 at 8:34 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

:popcorn:

Doesn't seem like you understand even after I stated that these are not popular or hot ratios you are showing and not what the conversation is about.
Good luck on your "detective" work.

Edited by ygogolak

On 7/29/2024 at 5:21 AM, ygogolak said:

Doesn't seem like you understand even after I stated that these are not popular or hot ratios you are showing and not what the conversation is about.
Good luck on your "detective" work.

image.png.85bf615cbf2a48f366da99a77d1c636a.png

(thumbsu

For those truly curious about print numbers for specific books, just go get a job at the publisher or printers.

of course then you’ll never get to discuss it with anyone.  But you’ll know, and you can sit around sipping champagne and smoking cigars and getting massages knowing that you know and no one else does… 

Edited by revat

On 7/31/2024 at 5:01 AM, Prince Namor said:

This whole topic is what the hobby is built on - speculation of information that is unprovable. 

Once a collector moves away from what he 'likes' and moves into the realm of... speculation...

You're like virgin blood walking into a den of vampires. 

tumblr_nyfgc7dtfI1rp0vkjo1_500.gif.2e8174503fc27a75a701337097a80ed4.gif