• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading Contest Awards Based on Cumulative Performance Through Contest #11
3 3

14 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2024 at 4:18 PM, JollyComics said:

I haven't seen the worst score in any round and worst total points in four rounds.  You don't need to mention the board names.  Just worst round and worst total points in four rounds.

I don't think I meet the 5.25 contest participation requirement for inclusion, but I probably have a shot at both of these "achievements." lol

On 8/11/2024 at 4:18 PM, JollyComics said:

I haven't seen the worst score in any round and worst total points in four rounds.  You don't need to mention the board names.  Just worst round and worst total points in four rounds.

Given the way that I track the results I don't have that info readily available (I have the necessary info to get the answer, but it would take some additional effort).

Here's what I can say with the info that I have readily available:

1. Amongst the 86 graders that have met the minimum of 5.25 contests (i.e. 21 or more rounds) requirement in order to qualify for the top 50 rankings in my first post, the worst average score per contest is 45.4 (5 of the 86 graders have a score higher than 40).

2. The worst average score per contest across all 132 graders that have submitted grades for 3 or more contests (i.e. 12 or more rounds) is 49.7.

3. The worst average score per contest across all 267 graders that have submitted grades for 1 or more contests (i.e. 4 or more rounds) is 72.0.

4. The worst average score per contest across all 442 graders that have submitted grades for 1 or more rounds is 96.0.

Note; Average Score per contest is calculated as Average Score Per Contest = Total Score / Total Contests, where Total Contests = Total Rounds With Grades Submitted / 4.

On 8/11/2024 at 5:01 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I don't think I meet the 5.25 contest participation requirement for inclusion, but I probably have a shot at both of these "achievements." lol

Shoot me a PM if you want to know where you currently rank; it's probably better than you think; your average across the past 3 contests is in honor roll range!

On 8/11/2024 at 6:50 PM, Superman2006 said:

Shoot me a PM if you want to know where you currently rank; it's probably better than you think; your average across the past 3 contests is in honor roll range!

Wow, thanks, I was sure I did a lot worse! Although I'll say, these contests are amazing for trying to learn some grading "chops" - Mike does a great job with selections, and it's sure a lot of fun to try your hand at coming up with the right grades. I do feel like I have a better handle on it than I did a few years ago when I first got back into comic collecting.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:44 PM, Superman2006 said:

Given the way that I track the results I don't have that info readily available (I have the necessary info to get the answer, but it would take some additional effort).

Here's what I can say with the info that I have readily available:

1. Amongst the 86 graders that have met the minimum of 5.25 contests (i.e. 21 or more rounds) requirement in order to qualify for the top 50 rankings in my first post, the worst average score per contest is 45.4 (5 of the 86 graders have a score higher than 40).

2. The worst average score per contest across all 132 graders that have submitted grades for 3 or more contests (i.e. 12 or more rounds) is 49.7.

3. The worst average score per contest across all 267 graders that have submitted grades for 1 or more contests (i.e. 4 or more rounds) is 72.0.

4. The worst average score per contest across all 442 graders that have submitted grades for 1 or more rounds is 96.0.

Note; Average Score per contest is calculated as Average Score Per Contest = Total Score / Total Contests, where Total Contests = Total Rounds With Grades Submitted / 4.

Thank you.  Excellent work.

It seems that many first or second time contestants did not come back after seeing their worst grades.