• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #27- help w/ quick grade!

32 posts in this topic

grading bastiche? what's that?

Th seller said he'd take it back if it failed a resto check, but... why do you suspect resto?

he was calling it a 7.5. I say 7.0., but I usually collect low grade, so am not that familiar with minor defects...

grading bastiche? what's that?

Th seller said he'd take it back if it failed a resto check, but... why do you suspect resto?

he was calling it a 7.5. I say 7.0., but I usually collect low grade, so am not that familiar with minor defects...

I am pretty conservative, those colors are just too good. That's why I asked if you could confirm restoration or not. Also, you said tears on 3 interior pages. Gives me the idea, it may be brittle pages. If you could give PQ it would help. Those things included could bring the grade up.

it's being offered at basically the F/ F+ price. It's alot for me (actually my wife wants it) but It could be worth up to twice as much as he is selling it for, if it is a 7.0. Hence my willingness to eat the grading fee if it comes to it.

a gamble!

Well, if he is going F/F+ then I would go with it. That is a lot but census would put it within reach of Top 5 census copies. It probably is in the 7 range. God, knows I have 7's that don't look as good. 8's even. Like I said, my only worry is resto. Those Actions hold their value and increase quite well. Plus, you are getting the adding benefit of pleasing the wife. Calculate the cost of that and you will find this is a very good buy. grin.gif

I agree with most of the others. I'd say a 6.5 - 7.0. Looks like a real nice copy. Did you purchase it already, or are you considering it?

considering- the buyer has been back and forth on the sale for like a week and a half, first the price, then the resto guarantee, then should he just sell it on heritage, then... you get the idea.

at this point I may just pass - if it's not a guaranteed 7.0 or better, it's not a 'deal'. If I were building a high mid grade collection I would do it, but all my other books are VG, where I don't have to worry so much about the exact grade down to the last .5