• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 107 6.0 lost / stolen at the Ebay hub. Please let me know if you see it for sale
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi, my Tec 107 has been AWOL at the Ebay international shipping hub since 3rd July (received Glendale Heights but no movement). Never had an item stuck there for this length so wonder if it's been lost or stolen. Ebay representatives say it's 'lost'.

Reading up on the matter, I understand 'lost' parcels are sold off to resellers - so the item can often pop up again on Ebay (even using the original sellers photos apparently!)

Could have been stolen , but anyone looking to pinch stuff - I doubt anyone would steal golden age comics (vs smaller / easier to sell items like iphones)

Anyway - below wanted . Dead or alive!

s-l1600.thumb.webp.75068c6b2baaf0e34a9c907c2f648cb7.webp

Important question.  Does the tracking actually show that it was received at the eBay international hub or was it lost before they received it?

Arrived at Glendale Heights but then the trail goes cold (screenshot below)

One Ebay representative  said it was 'lost'.

Next said it was 'lost in transport' (in the hub?!)

Third one said they 'hadn't received it' (despite tracking saying it arrived and left with an individual.

I've purchased about 50 packages via US via Ebay. Had delays but nowhere near 5 weeks. 

image.png.a599b9f71f4400809a79c16a28b65120.png

On 8/7/2024 at 5:25 PM, lm1589 said:

Arrived at Glendale Heights but then the trail goes cold (screenshot below)

One Ebay representative  said it was 'lost'.

Next said it was 'lost in transport' (in the hub?!)

Third one said they 'hadn't received it' (despite tracking saying it arrived and left with an individual.

I've purchased about 50 packages via US via Ebay. Had delays but nowhere near 5 weeks. 

image.png.a599b9f71f4400809a79c16a28b65120.png

Under the old Global Shipping Program eBay would eventually be liable as technically they took possession of the item and they would then refund the both the buyer the buyer and the seller would keep his payment from the buyer making it the only person who was out of money, eBay.

I will have to look it up, but I know I have saved the accounts of the vendors who purchase and resell these items.  Keep in mind though that you really have no claim to the item once both you and the buyer have been made whole.  

Here you go... I found it.  I remembered that I started a post about it here.   One of the main sellers is, 8Ten1944.  I know there are others.  If I find it I will post it in this thread.  

Again though, these sellers are not doing anything wrong. Think of them as people who are buying abandoned storage lockers or things like that.   However, you might find your item here. 

Thanks . I will keep an eye out for it on Ebay. Not sure how long it takes to make it to third party resellers like them. 

It was boxed with some low value comics so quite heavy overall. Not an easy box to steal.

So I expect more likely to be mislabelled by Ebay or left in abandoned corner of the depot (last scene of Raiders style!).

The guy who sent it to me has sent me half a dozen packages before with no issues. So don't think there would have been an error on what was put on the parcel. Also, as comics are duty free into the UK - there can't be any tax issues.

However I understand they don't bother returning to sellers if it can't be sent to the buyer for whatever reason - even if the return address clearly written. So unlikely to go back to sender as Fedex would do.

On 8/25/2024 at 11:14 AM, lm1589 said:

7 and a half weeks (!) after 'being left with an individual' - it 'arrives at the hub' ?!

So might get processed in 2 months. 

image.png.193c2327504a96fab2baebdad39b88d3.png

That's good news.  Must have misplaced it and finally found it.  Hopefully you get it soon.