• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Capt. America ART!!!

60 posts in this topic

Here's the one published Cap page I have (Chris Bachalo) and a couple of commissions (Adam Hughes and Tony Harris).

EDIT: Stupid links won't work ... just click the link below, thumbnails of all three of these are at the top of the page. 893censored-thumb.gif

It's no secret that Adam Hughes' favorite character is Cap. If you ever want a sketch with a little something extra (and can resist asking for a hot chick) ask for Cap. You won't be disappointed.

1037921-AdamHughes_CaptainAmerica.jpg

1037921-AdamHughes_CaptainAmerica.jpg.102f3c6511157bebb0432140eb2f6d46.jpg

My only piece of captain america art, by the only artist that I care to have a piece by.... Mike Zeck! What a phenomenal cover artist!

zeck-cap.JPG

Beautiful cover!!!! I am jealous now!

Mike Zeck covers are tough to find, but one day I'll have one! smile.gif

I have gotten a couple of Cap commissions in the last year, here they are. I am also expecting one from Dave Hoover that will hopefully get here in the next week or so!

Anyway, the first one is by Aaron Lopresti:

LoprestiCap.jpg

The second one is by Ernie Chan:

P9070001.jpg

The third one is by Tom Morgan:

TomMorganCap.jpg

Finally, I got this commission from Bob Layton, I wanted a "cover" concept with Cap and Iron Man, this was the end result:

capimredskullsketch3.jpg

My only piece of captain america art, by the only artist that I care to have a piece by.... Mike Zeck! What a phenomenal cover artist!

zeck-cap.JPG

There are indeed very tough to find! And prices have reflected this. He has a hard-core set of followers, and his art is some of the best of the 80s. First run covers from Cap seem to average north of 10K these days, with the killer examples approaching the 20K mark. This data is only from the few sales I've seen, though.

There are indeed very tough to find! And prices have reflected this. He has a hard-core set of followers, and his art is some of the best of the 80s. First run covers from Cap seem to average north of 10K these days, with the killer examples approaching the 20K mark. This data is only from the few sales I've seen, though.

Yeah, his stuff is great. I was lucky and got his limited edition sketchbook with a sketch of Captain America that he had on sale on Ebay a few weeks ago, so that will have to do for now for Zeck art smile.gif