• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Giant-Size X-Men 1
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Book has staple indents f/b covers, spine uneven and not flat, blunting, tear b/c edge, creases b/c edge, and a manufacturing crease. Inside looks great. No issues. Thx for feedback everyone!

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7472.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7480.jpeg

IMG_7482.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

On 8/12/2024 at 3:18 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I think 7.0 or 7.5 but can't go higher due to the b/c tear. 

I agree. And the staple indentations are mild in comparison to most. Typical on even the otherwise highest graded issues is to see the staples indenting the back cover aggressively enough to actually puncture the cover to varying degrees. I imagine it must be a combination of the pressure exerted on the book in production as recalibration becomes necessary and probably the biggest factor, stacking pressure; the amount of weight on top of a particular book in storage. 

I think it is a really nice copy.  The grade limiter is the small back left edge tear & crease. I would guess 8.0 now with a potential to 9.0.  The staple dents can be smoothed and the spine wrap problems are very common on that book.  Congrats!