• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crackheads Unite!

15 posts in this topic

Sigh, when I see auctions like this I feel sorry for the seller instead of wanting to laugh at them (well, I initially laugh...but then I get depressed knowing someone paid almost 25 dollars in total to get that book graded). In a fantasy world, CGC would cringe at seeing such an obviously worthless book enter their hands for grading, and send it back so the customer saves the money normally spent to grade such a book (would save them at least 19 dollars).

It just shows how many people honestly do not know how to grade comics (and to be fair, most people would look at a comic that looks okay, and declare it to look mint/ in great condition). A CGC 4 indicates that this person, collector or not SHOULD have known better than sending it in to be graded, because I can honestly see how someone new to comics might think a comic that is in fine-VF condition could be called mint by themselves, and regular joes...but a comic that receives less than a 6/6.5 should have enough damage that even a casual glance from a non-collector would not have them toss out words like great/very fine/excellent/mint when talking about said comic.

Like I said, a bit depressing to know how much someone paid for that comic to receive a CGC 4.

Until CGC starts to implement a minimun garding condition requirement, you will always have this type of [!@#%^&^] available. And why would CGC even consider this type of policy when they make so much $$$. They must laugh all the way to the bank !!

Anyway, until then : BUYER BEWARE !!