• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anybody else having problems with Mutant Beaver Comics?
4 4

46 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2024 at 1:39 PM, Sam T said:

Seriously, this business model is unacceptable. I think the biggest tell that these guys are doing something wrong are the convention exclusives. Those being sold online means they are NOT convention exclusives and something shady has to be happening on between the convention and the publisher.

Correct in the sense that they are all in it together to some degree. This came out with BRY'S comics and that super exclusive ASM dell'otto cover trade and virgin.......but that is a whole other can of worms.......   convention exclusives are not necessarily limited to 300 or 600. These books float around all the cons/ fan expos until there always seem to be some available after for sale on each vendor's own site, or a tertiary vendor like MBC.  

On 9/15/2024 at 1:39 PM, Sam T said:

Very Gary, who seemed like one of the "good guy" streamers, was shilling for Mutant Beaver Comics last year in the description of his NYCC video. I skimmed the video and didn't see him a Mutant Beaver Booth but he's got their promo link at the top of the description. 

Right, MBC is paying him to have his company highlighted here bc Gary has 23k subscribers. MBC has done this with other channels: Scott Talks Comics, Moneyball comics,and Comic Book Corner to name a few.  

Regardless, the website still hasn't changed, and is showing same stuff I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, including happy victoria day which was May 2024.

If someone following this thread doesn't believe, buy something from them and see what happens. 

......oh and comic xposure are equally as bad...

...but MBC is sooooo in your face this is what I'm doing to you too bad SOL , it's disgusting.

If all of you aren't contacting your banks to do a chargeback, why not? There's more than enough proof to initiate it and get your money back and every chargeback will definitely cause issues for their business, which it seems like is very well deserved at this point and might be the only way to get your money back before they suddenly are no longer in business and there's no more recourse.

On 9/17/2024 at 2:32 PM, lollyclown said:

If all of you aren't contacting your banks to do a chargeback, why not? There's more than enough proof to initiate it and get your money back and every chargeback will definitely cause issues for their business, which it seems like is very well deserved at this point and might be the only way to get your money back before they suddenly are no longer in business and there's no more recourse.

I think for a lot of folks, they are beyond whatever their chargeback date is, 3, 6, 12 months etc.  Another lesser option if they haven't already taken it is to go on social media (I don't just mean here) like facebook, linkedin, instagram, x, youtube, or their website and contact every person possible and make public and private inquiries.   Let them know its not going to get easier, its only gonna get more serious.  One might even consider contacting known business associates like Marvel/DC/other, or artists/creators who work on affiliated books.  I'm sure they would not be happy about it.  

No reason to be hopeful anymore, no reason to be nice (but also no reason to be publicly emotional or make anything resembling a threat).  If you want to be serious about it, make it a real campaign.  

It might depend on jurisdiction, but there might even be some benefit with making at least an inquiry to local law enforcement.

And of course, also document all of your transactions and communications, in the event that you eventually need to prove something to someone.